Rongxiang Xu College of Health and Human Services
Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing
Position: Associate Professor (with tenure) of Nursing
Starting Date: August, 2022
1) An earned Ph.D., DNS, or DNP or equivalent in Nursing from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required at the time of application.
2) Tenure must have been granted from another accredited degree-granting institution at the time of appointment (8/18/2022).
3) Demonstrated expertise in a Nursing focus area with associated clinical experience within the last five (5) years.
4) Two (2) years teaching experience post-tenure at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
5) Possession of a California RN license or evidence of eligibility to obtain a California RN license.
6) Evidence of publications in scholarly journals.
1) Evidence of an active, established program of research.
2) Evidence of community leadership experience or record of successful community partnerships.
3) Evidence of participation in shared governance and service as a University Committee Chair.
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are: teaching, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, profession and to the community. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions.
The successful candidate will be committed to the academic success of all of our students and to an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates diversity and differences. To this end, the successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings. In addition, the successful candidate will be ready to join faculty, staff, students, and administrators in our University's shared commitment to the principles of engagement, service, and the public good.
Salary: Initial salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) is one of 23 campuses within the California State University system. The University is the premier comprehensive public university in the heart of Los Angeles. Cal State LA is ranked number one in the U.S. for the upward mobility of its students, and is dedicated to engagement, service, and the public good. We offer nationally recognized programs in science, the arts, business, criminal justice, engineering, nursing, education, ethnic studies, and the humanities. Our faculty have a strong commitment to scholarship, research, creative pursuits, community engagement, and service.
Our 240,000 alumni reflect the City and County's dynamic mix of populations. The University has one of the most diverse student populations of any college or university in the nation. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, and Asian-American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, Cal State LA recognizes the transformative power of education and embraces its duty to identify and serve the needs of all of its students. The University is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live, work and learn in an atmosphere of civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual.
Please submit the following to the Search Committee Chair at the email address below:
1) A cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
2) A narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of students who are among the first-generation of their family to attend a college or university.
3) A curriculum vitae.
4) A list of three professional references.
5) A University Application for Employment Form (https://www.calstatela.edu/sites/default/files/groups/Human%20Resources%20Management/forms/empl_application_academic_2017_11_28.pdf)
Finalists will be required to submit:
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Review of applications will begin December 3, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please email all application materials in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing Assistant Professor Application" in the subject line.
Please address all questions to the search committee chair Dr. Elizabeth Winokur at: email@example.com or 323-343-4707.
Note: The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to OfficeHRM@calstatela.edu.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Cal State LA is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live, work and learn in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual. To that end, all qualified individuals will receive equal consideration without regard to economic status, race, ethnicity, color, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or cultural background, political views, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, disability, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/TITLE IX EMPLOYER
Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job functions when this does not cause undue hardship.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California