Description:Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $5,351.00/month to $7,633.00/month. PLEASE NOTE:
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $5,351.00/month to $6,492.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The Preprofessional Health Academic Program (PHAP) is operated by the College of Science and prepares students interested in health professional careers (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary science, physical therapy and selected allied health programs) for application to these doctoral programs. This large, complex program consists of both undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students in different categories (undergraduate majors, second bachelor's degree, and self-support) and requires coordination with several different departments offering curriculum in the program. This position will work in conjunction with the PHAP Director to support the program by supporting faculty, staff, and students in the program, working with other campus entities in ensuring the program adheres to University policy and meets operational goals; representing PHAP interests at external events: addressing faculty and/or student concerns/issues in the program; assisting with quarterly course scheduling and instructor recruitment and other duties. Responsibilities
Work closely with other campus entities, e.g. University Extension, College of Science, and departments, in goal setting, planning, and conflict resolution on behalf of PHAP including:
- Develop and pilot, as appropriate, new curriculum or delivery modes
- Identify, recruit, and assist faculty in development of their courses
- Address student, staff, and faculty concerns as they relate to University policy
- Manage operational and logistic aspects of the program
- Organizing, participating and overseeing the PHAP mock interview committee (spring)
- Addressing faculty and/or student concerns/issues in the program
- Reviewing end-of-term course evaluations for PHAP faculty
- Responding to prospective students' inquiries and meeting with them as necessary
- Evaluate effectiveness of program
- Select, lead, and approve payroll of PHAP Casual workers, Student Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants
- PHAP admin 1 hour meeting every week (we arrange a convenient time as a team)
- Perform other duties as necessary to ensure the success of PHAP, staff, students, and faculty.
- Occasional consultation with the Dean's Office on PHAP issues
Promote PHAP including:
- Represent PHAP interests in external and internal events such as conferences, workshops, and seminars across the nation while working with University Extension on marketing efforts.
- Reviewing other postbac programs to see what other resources we can provide our students (for example, developing PHAP enrichment activities)
- Oversee coordination of PHAP activities at the Hayward campus
- Advise PHAP club and other post-baccalaureate associations in organizing campus activities, tours and other events.
Directly assist students in the following areas:
- Responding to prospective students' inquiries and meeting with them as necessary
- Academic preparation and candidacy for biomedical school application;
- Biomedical entrance tests such as the MCAT, DAT, OAT & PCAT;
- Opportunities for health setting experiences, conducting research, community service, biomedical school visits and tutoring.
- Identifying pre-health students who may benefit from more focused academic advising/mentoring either with a faculty adviser, peer adviser or the Student Health & Counseling Services.
- Approving PHAP student graduation checklists
Other student-related responsibilities:
- Organizing, participating and overseeing the PHAP interview committee and the merit award process.
- Participating in 2 Annual Graduate Student fairs on campus
- Conducting PHAP new student admissions interviews
- Working with students and coordinating the spring IS Symposium
- Be available as a judge at IS spring symposium
- One seminar presentation regarding PHAP mock interviews (fall)
- Knowledge of procedures and practices in curriculum planning and processes required in planning academic programming.
- Experience in planning classes and curriculum for higher or extended education programs. including developing resources, budgets, marketing plans and liaison with community
- Demonstrated ability to represent the CSU externally and develop working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead employees.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit faculty and support them in their instruction and logistical needs.
- Proven oral and written skills.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience in student activities and leadership.
- Knowledge of university policy and procedures regarding all academic concerns.
- Ability to assess student's skill level based on information provided.
- Knowledge of departmental, divisional and university protocol.
- Ability to interact and work cooperatively with a diverse student population and staff.
- Ability to analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
- Ability to carry out a variety of professionally complex assignments without detailed instructions.
- Knowledge of MS Access and other relevant database software.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer and word processing software.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of the procedures and practices in educational program and curriculum planning in education, and the processes required to plan and construct academic programs and course outlines.
Ability to determine needs for new or revised programs; plan hours and develop course outlines with instructors; locate instructors and to assist them in understanding and completing contract arrangements; develop budgets and analyze costs; develop and implement promotional strategies; represent the CSU system to the community and develop working relationships; and manage logistics of providing classes and to analyze cost information and statistics.
Equivalent to three years of experience in planning classes and curriculum for higher or extended education programs and including developing resources, budgets, marketing plans and liaison with the community.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with courses in adult education and curriculum planning. Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled