About the Opportunity THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Psychiatric Nurse I/II, serving children, adult and older adults in various outpatient program sites. Scope of services include: outpatient psychiatric services, substance use disorder services, behavioral education and prevention, and advocacy. The Psychiatric Nurse I position is the entry level position in the series. The Psychiatric Nurse II position requires one year or more paid experience as a psychiatric nurse or trainee. This position is subject to overtime, shift work, working holidays and weekends, standby, and callback assignments.
Stanislaus County adheres to all Public Health Orders and is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. To view the current Public Health orders, please visit the California Department of Public Health website here
for more information.
To learn more about the Behavioral Health and Recovery Services department, Click Here.
The eligibility list established will be used to fill Full-Time, Part-Time and Extra Help Psychiatric Nurse I/II positions throughout the Behavioral Health and Recovery Services department. THE POSITION
This position will work as a multidisciplinary team and will engage clients regarding their mental health and physical health including psychoeducation and medication education.
Unless otherwise provided, this position is part of the Classified Service of the County and is assigned to the California Nurses' Association (CNA) bargaining unit for labor relations purposes.
Individuals who are in a full-time classification position are required to serve a twelve-month probationary period, which may be extended an additional six months, for a total of eighteen months.
Incumbents may also be subject to overtime, standby, callback, weekend, holiday and shift assignments as identified in their MOU (Memorandum of Understanding).
Part-time extra-help is a provisional classification where permanent status may not be obtained. This position is subject to overtime, standby, shift, and callback assignments and will perform related duties as assigned. This position is non-benefited except for participation in a 401a program with Nationwide.
The Job Task Analysis provides information detailing the physical and functional demands of the classification. For the complete job task analysis, visit the Risk Management website at http://www.stancounty.com/riskmgmt/ under the "Disability" tab.
- Assist in the promotion and maintenance of quality of care through the review of clinical documentation;
- Meet with clients to monitor for medication efficacy and side effects;
- Follow through with recommendations from the physician in the medication management of clients;
- Prepare clinical documentation on a daily basis on multiple clients;
- May complete pharmacy orders;
- May complete pre-authorizations for prescriptions;
- Administer IM medications, also including charting responses and progress in accordance with treatment plans:
- Provide education on the physical and psychological effects of medication and its relationships to the overall treatment plan;
- May assist in completing referrals to other agencies;
- Perform initial assessments, provide crisis intervention and follow-up communication;
- Provide support to clients and their families;
- May provide crisis assessments and 5150 referrals,
- Utilize an electronic health record for documentation purposes;
- Adhere to strict timelines with documentation through same day notification;
- May provide community presentations and education;
- Adhere to department and County confidentiality standards;
- Participate on Quality Management teams with other disciplines and agencies;
- Promote positive customer relations
- Act as a team leader;
- Communicate with other health providers and community agencies to coordinate care; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Abilities, Knowledge, Education/Experience) SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Establish rapport with clients and communicate with empathy;
- Establish and maintain effective communication/working relationships with other mental health/agency professionals;
- Keep accurate records and prepare clear and concise nursing reports
- Provide consultation to colleagues and other participants in the program(s); and
- Deal with people who may be combative.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Psychodynamic procedures and fundamentals of psychotherapy;
- Basic diagnostic categories of mental illness;
- Disease entities, interventions, and nursing procedures.
- Graduation from an accredited school or registered nursing program; AND
- Valid License as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California; AND
- BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers; AND
- For Psychiatric Nurse I - No experience required; OR
- For Psychiatric Nurse II - One year or more paid experience as a psychiatric nurse or trainee.
Proof of education is required for verification purposes at the time of application. Applicants who are unable to submit proof must call (209) 525-7339 to make other arrangements before 5 p.m. on the final filing date. Failure to submit proof or make other arrangements before the final filing deadline will result in disqualification.
Application and Selection Procedures APPLICATION PROCEDURES / FINAL FILING DATE
Applications cannot be submitted later than 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date. Make your online application as complete as possible so a full and realistic appraisal may be made of your qualifications. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Attaching your resume and cover letter are an optional feature for those who wish to do so in addition to completing the required application. Information on your resume and cover letter will not substitute for the education, work experience and required fields on the County application. The online County application is the primary tool used to evaluate your job qualifications.EXAMINATION PROCESS
Most County recruitments consists of the steps detailed below and are governed by Merit Principles. The examination process ensures that all applicants are given the same opportunity to gain employment within Stanislaus County.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE Apply By: Oral Examination:
- Application Review and Screening. Applications are carefully screened based on information provided. Those who submit incomplete applications that lack relevant qualifications or do not submit all required documents will not be invited to move on.
- Written Examination. Applicants will be invited to participate in a written exam that tests knowledge for the position.
- Oral Examination. Applicants are invited to a panel interview in which they will be evaluated by County subject matter experts.
- Eligible Lists. Candidates who pass the examination will be placed on an eligible list for that classification. Eligible lists are effective for six months, but may be extended up to eighteen months.
November 12, 2021
Week of November 29th
November 26, 2021
Week of December 13th
December 10, 2021
Week of December 27th
December 24, 2021
Week of January 10th
Note: The eligible list generated from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra-help, part-time and full-time vacancies throughout Stanislaus County . GENERAL INFORMATION
Final appointment will be conditional upon successfully passing a County paid pre-employment drug screening (if applicable for position) and a job-related background investigation.
Some positions may require possession or the ability to obtain, and maintenance of a valid California Driver's license or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job related essential functions.
Stanislaus County supports the good health of its workforce. More information is available at http://myclubwellness.org
Cell phones are typically incompatible with the online application format or browser. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer. If you are still having technical difficulties, please call NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous