Employees in this position are responsible for augmenting a supervising physician's data gathering abilities to reach decisions and institute patient care plans. Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
• Complies with TDCJ and TTUHSC policy and procedures including all necessary paperwork.
• Provides patient services under direct supervision and responsibility of Supervisory Physician and/or Unit Medical Director.
• Elicits detailed patient histories.
• Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination and complies patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination.
• Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and lab tests and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
• Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes and assists in provisions of continuity care.
• Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care and managing infections.
• May render emergency medical services without supervision, pending the arrival of or contact with responsible physician in cases where immediate diagnosis and treatment are necessary to avoid disability or death.
• Instructs and counsels patient's regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimen, emotional problems of daily living and health maintenance.
• Utilize EMR and read and sign all medical encounters.
• Embraces the Values Based Culture of TTUHSC.
• Prepares for incoming chain through EMR data conversion and preparing all necessary paperwork.
• Assists with incoming chain by completing vital signs, obtaining offender history, and other assistance as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining BLS certification and running codes as needed.
• Daily triage of sick call request and scheduling per TDCJ policy.
• Serves in rotation with other providers after-hours and on weekends and holidays to provide patient care.
• Demonstrates stability, promptness and dependability in adherence to all clinic policies, including attendance.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Graduation from a Physician Assistant's training program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association. Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Physician Assistant as evidenced by passing the examinations given by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants. OR Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved certification program recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an approved certification program as recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer certification to Texas.
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Fort Stockton, Texas