Employees in this classification are responsible for professional nursing care. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the polices and procedures of the organization and practice setting. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of the total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients. Employees in this position generally assist the Director of Nurses in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for the Director of Nurses in their absence. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients and clinic personnel.
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and ensures all daily assignments are accomplished
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Administer or assist with administration and documentation of medication.
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings.
- Develop and insure nursing standards are met.
- Facilitate the movement of patients in the unit as necessary.
- Maintain documentation and records and working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Respond to emergencies..
- Demonstrates an understanding of mental illness and correctional managed healthcare.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining momentsBenefits Offered
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
License/Certification: * Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N license to Texas. Current CPR certification. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * Two years of RN experience in a hospital, clinic, or community based setting.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.