MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR 2 - Requisition ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
N/A Geographical Location:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMS Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 37 Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Recruiter:
GINA E. MICK Phone:
775 684-0107 Email:
Mental Health Counselors provide counseling, case management, direct clinical services, community and home based services, and behavioral and human services to mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed clients in an outpatient, residential, community or similar setting. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
The Mental Health Counselor vacancy is located at Lovelock Correctional Center (LCC), in Lovelock, Nevada. The incumbent provides support services to inmates in a correctional setting. Travel to Carson City may be required.
Please have an official university transcript of graduate and/or post-graduate degree(s) sent directly to the mailing address identified below. Transcripts must be received by the recruitment closing date in order for the application to be considered: Brian Gates/5500 Snyder Avenue/Building 17/Carson City, NV 89701.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master's degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a Master's degree and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.