Definition TO APPLY :
- Please complete all sections of the online application, even if a resume is submitted.
- Please include with a complete application the following attachments: The results of a Montana Job Service E-Skills typing test. Please call Julissa Hensel at 406-218-7480, or Laurie Dunagan at 406-728-7060 and they will e-mail you the link to the test.
- Please attach a printed version of your test results that shows your wpm (words per minute score). Typing tests from other agencies/companies will not be accepted. Links to typing test results will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications may be disqualified.
- Complete job description available upon request to the Department of Human Resources.
Performs a variety of complex clerical duties in the Treasurer's Office involving motor vehicle registration and titling and county tax payments. Representative Examples of Work
Receives payment by cash, checks, and credit cards to process tax payments in the county computer system. Issues receipts and maintains copies for balancing. Collects delinquent tax payments. Processes deposits for various agencies (101s). Records and processes charged back checks from the bank. Works with the Operations Supervisor for collection of funds. Handles large amounts of cash and receipts, balances cash drawer daily against the state and county computer systems. Balances checks, cash, and credit cards to daily reports; makes calculations and tabulates data; sorts and files registration receipts. Receives and reviews applications for new titles and transfers as directed by state laws and procedures. Researches out-of-state and foreign laws to process titles in accordance with state law. Performs data entry of title information onto state system, including pre-entry of data from outside sources. Determines amount of fee and assesses penalties and interest on late title transfers and tax payments. Issues a variety of permits and licenses including single movement permits, motor vehicle plates and tabs, transient merchant/itinerant vendor licenses, temporary registration permits (TRPs), special mobiles, and raffle permits. Provides information to the public by phone, in person, and through written correspondence. Provides assistance to complete transactions and correct errors. Assists co-workers as requested or as needed in training new employees, solving problems, and adhering to county and state requirements. Sorts, date stamps and distributes department mail. Codes/sorts tax and motor vehicle mail transactions and prepares paperwork for processing. Maintains files of correspondence, forms, reports, and other materials. Minimum Qualifications
Requires high school graduation or GED. Requires one year of experience working with the public. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
: Requires successfully passing a criminal history background check. Physical/Environmental Demands
The work requires little physical activity, but does require long periods of sitting and performing computer data entry. Requires the ability to maneuver in confined areas and frequent medium lifting (up to 30 lbs.).