Rank: Assistant Professor
Starting Date: Fall 2022
- DMA., Ph.D., or MA with commensurate professional experience in Vocal performance or Vocal pedagogy
- Active performance background
- Piano proficiency
- Ability to teach undergraduate courses
- Ability to teach and develop music courses based on the curricular needs
- Ability to teach diverse student populations
- Doctoral degree in Music is preferred
- Extensive creative activities record at the regional, national and international levels
- Classroom, studio and choir teaching experience at the university level
- Ability to generate excitement and attract students to the program
- Experience in developing the voice area in a music program
- Ability to communicate and collaborate collegially with the Music department faculty
Click Apply Now to complete the CSUSM Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
- Three professional references.
- Links to representative samples of recent performances (within the last three years)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
Review of applications will begin January 15 th , 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities
for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020
as a condition of employment.
The CSU will require faculty, staff and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or have received a medical or religious exemption. Selected candidates should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled