Description Support Engineer - CCCTC: Class Specification (Job description)
CSEA Range 37
; Full-time/Non-Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2022
Tentative Interviews: January 2022
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2023 Application Tips for Success
Additional Resources : POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
The Support Engineer (SE) is the technical expert for level 2 support of software services delivered by the California Community Colleges Technology Center (CCCTC). Our products directly support the mission of the California Community College Chancellor's Office (CCCCO) and the 73 districts, 116 colleges, and over 3 million students of the California Community College system.
This position works within a multidisciplinary team of customer service personnel and Product Managers for web-based applications hosted in a cloud environment (AWS) using continuous development environment methods to support the implementation, training, and on-going support of software products with college staff. The SE monitors the community support website and creates work items to coordinate work in the change management application, and closely tracks and monitors progress towards resolution of critical items, keeping college personnel informed.
The SE develops technical solutions to troubleshoot issues related to software and setup errors to resolve college-staff reported issues. The position works closely with Product Managers to help prioritize change requests and facilitates access to college personnel to assist with project planning.
This high-visibility role reports to the CCCTC Manager, Student Services and works closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, development teams, and security, accessibility, and operations specialists to ensure the CCCTC develops, releases, and maintains the correct set of technologies and support services necessary to promote student success and cost effective operations across the California Community College (CCC) system.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with one or more diverse support teams made up of contractors and employees, in an inter-agency government and educational services setting. Candidates will have an eye for emerging opportunities and creative solutions, supporting system-wide improvements in equity, accessibility, availability, interoperability, and security. Candidates will have the ability to form coalitions across diverse teams to support problem solving and build advocacy for new solutions.
Experience with XML, XSL, HTML, CSS, and database and business intelligence tools, such as Jasper Reports are desired qualifications.
This position is eligible for remote service; Some travel may be required.
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2023. The position has been funded since 1997 through 5-year grants by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office, the California Community Colleges Technology Center is hosted by Butte College. Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Please visit the class specification
to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position. DIVERSITY QUALIFICATION:
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
All applicants, including current butte college employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS:
- Resume or Vita: Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay: The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Transcripts of Academic Work: Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or visit our website.
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code • 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous