The County of Yuba is currently recruiting for the position of Auditor-Appraiser II/III
in the Yuba County Assessor's Office. This position performs a variety of routine to complex business, personal, agricultural and other business audits and assessments for taxation purposes; assesses commercial, industrial, rural and residential real and personal property; performs related work as assigned. Placement to this flexibly staffed position is normally determined by level of experience, demonstrated capability for performing skilled audits and appraisals and certification level received under California state requirements. As experience is gained, the work becomes more complex and is performed under more general supervision. Incumbents at the III level may also assist with the training of less experienced staff or be assigned to special projects. ***Due to the current staffing and workload needs of the department, the County is seeking candidates who meet the qualifications of the II and/or III level . Essential Job Duties:
The County of Yuba is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and participates in the E-Verify program. Close Date:
- Review and analyze annual filings of business, rental property and agricultural activities and financial statements; follow-up when statements have not been filed with the County to determine the status of the business.
- Analyze the value of owned and leased business and personal property, including boats and aircraft, for taxation purposes.
- Appraise industrial, commercial, rural and/or residential real properties, and/or other real property for taxation purposes.
- Audit business and accounting records, including financial statements to verify activities, costs, dates of business and location of equipment and fixtures.
- Review leased property files to ensure that the lessee and lessor are not doubly-assessed.