A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve a diverse and expanding community in meaningful ways. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. Johnson County Facilities Department is looking forqualified applicants to fill the position of Custodian Technician II. This position provides excellent benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings programs, wellness discounts and incentives, and many other great benefits such as paid leave time. *****Qualified applicants are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus paid out in three (3 ) payments for the first day of employment ($1000),successful completion of six (6) month introductory period ($500) and completion of one (1) year of employment ($500).
- Completes detailed cleaning including disinfecting surface areas; dusts, mops, sweeps and auto scrubs floors; washes windows, fixtures, floors and walls; dusts furniture, lockers, cabinets, walls, window sills, radiators, and other furnishings; dusts and washes blinds; empties trash receptacles; completes specialized floor cleaning tasks such as stripping, waxing, and buffing floors; shampoos, cleans, and dries carpets; performs maintenance of entryway runners and mats.
- Cleans and sanitizes toilets, urinals, sinks, hand dryers, and other surfaces; restocks inventory; assists in recycling efforts; responds to customer requests; prioritizes tasks based on supervisors' guidance.
- Uses, maintains, and properly stores floor maintenance equipment; completes biohazard clean-up by following specific disinfecting process.
- Completes paperwork, timesheets and equipment logs using computerized system.
- Follows key control guidelines; maintains/administers appropriate safety procedures in secured environments.
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of related experience are required. One (1) additional year of related experience may substitute for education. Must pass a thorough criminal history screening and have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Experience may be substituted for education. Locations Available:
1. New Century Adult Detention - Two (3) Positions
- Lenexa library = One (3) Position
- Central Library = One (1)Position
3.. S unset - One (1) Position
Candidates must be fully vaccinated or must COVID test once a week until Mandate is lifted. Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions. Specified criteria may vary by Department/Agency. Physical, Environmental, and Special Working Conditions:
Excessive standing and/or walking: 60%
Exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes and/or chemicals, heights, and loud noises.
Lifting weight: 50 lbs.
On call/stand-by work required.
Weather essential: Department Essential
Wearing of goggles, rubber boots, rubber gloves and other PPE as required.
Position is required to respond to requests for emergency and afterhours work which will require work when the facility is closed (e.g. holiday, weekends, nights). This work will require overtime as needed.
Physical abilities, including mobility, agility, strength, dexterity, balance, coordination, and /or endurance.
All County employees may be called upon to assist other departments/agencies in a declared emergency situation.
Occasional (less than 5%)
Facilities, Trade, and Custodial