Dance Studies Starting Date:
Fall 2022 Minimum Qualifications:
- M.F.A, M.A. in artistic field, or Ph.D.
- Demonstrated record and ongoing creative practice/embodied scholarly research
- Somatics training/practice reflective of diverse cultural traditions
- Interest in mentoring students and in making a positive impact toward equity and inclusion
- Strong written and communication skills
- Interest in ongoing curricular development and the development of a major
- Record of work that embodies themes of diversity through culture, identity and/or art activist approach
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching at the undergraduate college level or in an equivalent professional setting
- Demonstrated experience in program and curriculum development
Candidate is expected to engage in service, research and creative activity and teaching duties. Dance Studies at CSUSM is currently a minor that meets the needs for General Education on our campus and supports Liberal Studies curricular needs with regards to mandated K-12 state core-requirements knowledge. The ideal candidate would be expected to regularly teach general education courses in Dance Studies, have experience working with underserved communities and can adeptly bring current topics to the classroom. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to co-create and vision for a Dance Studies Major and Department. Application Procedure:
Click Apply Now to complete the CSUSM Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
- Three professional references.
- Links to three samples of work within the last 3 years
Review of applications will begin January 18 , 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities
for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020
as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy
. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled