The County of Yuba is currently recruiting for the position of Accounting Specialist. There are currently vacancies in the Treasurer-Tax Collector's department and the Auditor-Controller's department. Under supervisory or management direction, the incumbent performs specialized accounting support duties including departmental payroll, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax billing and collections; performs financial and accounting office support duties that require a specialized knowledge; provides administrative support to assigned supervisor; performs the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series, which may include providing lead direction over assigned personnel, and performing duties including, but not limited to, verifying and processing departmental payroll, reviewing a variety of financial reports for accuracy, performing the more complex research and auditing of financial documents and performs other duties as assigned. Incumbents at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility. Accounting Specialist i s a County-wide classification. The employment list established from this recruitment may be utilized to fill additional vacancies within the same classification in other departments including law enforcement departments such as Sheriff and Probation if they arise during the duration of the list. Example Of Duties:
About Auditor-Controller's Department:
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other County employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Receives and balances monies from and prepares revenue distribution documents for County departments; posts revenues daily.
- Provides information to the public or to County staff that requires the use of judgment and the explanation of processes, rules or procedures.
- Conducts the more complex research and auditing of financial transactions and reports; adjusts accounts as necessary.
- Receives and reviews invoices; resolves discrepancies; codes information for proper charging to budget units or cost centers and prepares for payment;
- Prepares a variety of detailed financial, accounting and statistical reports; distributes such reports to governmental, funding or other organizations.
- Reviews a variety of financial reports to ensure conformance with laws, codes, and regulations.
The Auditor-Controller's Office oversees financial operations for Yuba County by providing clear, accurate, and responsive accounting services to all constituents; provides payroll services for all County departments; prepares the levy for all taxable properties in the County; interacts and, at times provides specific services to various governmental agencies in Yuba County, that range from placing direct assessments on tax rolls to providing a full range of accounting services. About Treasurer-Tax Collector's Department:
The Treasurer-Tax Collector's department is responsible for the daily receipt, custody, deposit, and investment of all funds for the County, school districts, special districts, joint power authorities, and affiliated agents whose funds are held and invested by the County Treasurer; responsible for the billing and collection of all secured, unsecured, and supplemental property taxes for Yuba County.Close Date: