Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4,693.00/month to $6,591.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The University Extension (UE) Fiscal office is the administrative center for the seven departments in UE. The office staff provides administrative support for most functions of UE. The Budget and Data Specialist will develop, maintain and update a centralized budget accounting system for all funds housed in UE. The incumbent will develop and manage detailed reports for tracking budgets for each department and program. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all financial recordkeeping and data management for all UE departments, programs, and activities. Responsibilities
BUDGET TRACKING AND REPORTING
- Provide analytical support to Fiscal Team, includes support of financial databases for University Extension and maintain complete budget records for all accounts, including PaCE funds, and General Operating Funds.
- Maintain and curate University Extension Business Procedural documentation.
- Review procurement card statements for the assigned departments.
- Internal review of all University Extension expenditures for departments. Determine if accounts are accurate and budgeted funds are available.
- Oversee the accurate logging of all expenditures on the UE accounting system.
- Review Financial Detail Reports monthly and identify actual or potential problems and recommend corrective or preventive actions.
- Develop financial statements or reports upon request.
- Generate budget projections, as well as predict the effect of changes in operating programs, particularly as they relate to existing University regulations.
- Ensure that all budget transfers are correctly made into college allocations and prepare budget transfers to departments.
- Oversee the expenditure transfers to campus partner funds.
- Respond to inquiries about UE and University policies and procedures as they relate to budgetary matters.
- Compile other statistical reports on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assists Director with ongoing process review to increase efficiency and customer service delivery by unit to colleagues and partners.
- Maintain the UE financial database as accurately as possible, reconciled with CFS and HR compensation
- Prepares, processes and maintains all purchasing and expenditure documents, including reconciling the monthly Procurement card and Travel card reports.
- Reviews expenditure documents (purchase requisitions, Procurement card, Travel card transactions, etc.) for compliance with accounting and purchasing regulations.
- Researches and analyzes items and services subject to purchasing; resolves problems and responds to inquiries related to these expenditures.
- Collects bid documents, contracts, interagency agreements, and other special purchasing documents when required with a purchase order.
- Review invoices for proper amounts, funding sources and appropriate approval and submit for payment.
- Coordinates and contributes to the development and documentation of accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Seeks means of improving accounting and budgeting procedures and practices.
- Supports the rollout, training and communications for new or modified procedures and services, including utilizing an electronic signature application or tool.
- Provides recommendations on tactical and strategic technical resource decisions.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORS AND SUPPORT STAFF
- Answer all queries involving department, program, or foundation funded financials.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all constituents, including co-workers.
- Support special initiatives of the AVP and Director of Fiscal and Administrative Services.
- Attend campus-wide budget meetings.
- Serve on UE and campus committees as assigned.
- Proxy for Fiscal Director as it pertains to Campus committee and initiatives as assigned.
- Stay current on all system training requirements and campus and system financial policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is timely, efficient, and of acceptable quality. Completed work meets project/program objectives.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and decisiveness are exercised appropriately.
- Plans and conducts functional technical activities for projects/programs.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex/difficult problems.
- Independently identifies and resolves conventional problems which may require deviations from accepted policies or instructions.
- Adapts existing plans and techniques to accomplish complex projects/programs.
- Recommends improvements to the design or operation of systems, equipment, or processes.
- A helpful, courteous, and friendly attitude is routinely expected in all interactions.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and review of budgetary and fiscal record.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled