Position Scope **RECRUITMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED**
Under general supervision, processes minor commercial, single family residence and associated building permits. Assists customers with permit and/or submittal applications and answers related questions. Accepts and processes associated development fees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Accepts and processes minor commercial building, single family residence and associated building permits as directed while ensuring compliance with City rules, regulations and ordinances.
- Communicates with applicants on permit status and permit costs; obtains information on incomplete documents; and resolves permit conflicts.
- Accepts and processes development fees of all types and answers related questions.
- Calculates residential permitting fees and completes building valuation worksheets and permit invoices.
- Serves as backup cashier, balances cash drawer and submits a daily cash balance report as required.
- Checks documents for validity, accuracy and completeness of information; records, files and distributes related paperwork.
- Provides information to applicants; assists customers with permit applications, government forms and other documents; answers phones, responds to requests for information within the span of authority.
- Enters permit data into computer systems; processes transactions, compiles documentation and generates reports.
- Provides notary services for department related documents.
- Prepares documents, collects data, and enters information into computer tracking systems; scans, prepares and proofreads documents for distribution.
- Maintains tracking system for all plans submitted from time of permit application to permit issuance.
- Maintains records, permit files and building plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent, and two (2) years of permit issuance, customer service, clerical and computer experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- General knowledge of municipal government. .
- The principles of record keeping and records management.
- Cash handling principles.
- Data entry and mathematical calculations.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software, such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication.
Additional Information Special Requirements:
International Code Council (ICC) Building Permit Technician Certification required within one (1) year of employment start date. State of Arizona Notary Public within six (6) months of employment start date. Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Standard office environment.Reports To:
Permit Supervisor or DesigneeSupervision Exercised:
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous