Description All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card. General Description:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of an Appraisal Supervisor, perform a variety of residential appraisals for ad valorem tax purposes.
- Perform related administrative and technical work as required.
- APPRAISER I GRADE: ANLT 04 HIRING SALARY RANGE: $39,977 - $54,371
- APRAISER II GRADE: ANLT 05 HIRING SALARY RANGE: $44,782 - $60,923
- APPRAISER III GRADE: PROF 01 HIRING SALARY RANGE: $48,214 - $65,582
- This position will be filled at the appropriate Level (Appraiser I, II, or III) consistent with the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Limited overtime, including occasional work on weekends may occur.
Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring manager, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2022 or earlier if filled.
- Appraising a wide variety of improved residential properties and vacant residential land and lots
- Performing field inspections, measuring buildings & preparing scaled drawings noting relevant physical characteristics
- Researching sales and listings to determine market value
- Performing related administrative and technical duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A valid SC driver's License is required
- Must complete the education and obtain a SC Apprentice Appraisal Permit within 4 months of hire.
- A real estate, property management or construction background (education and/or experience) is preferred
- A real estate appraisal background (education and/or experience - ad valorem or private practice) is preferred
- Applicants with SC residential appraisal Licenses and SC Residential Appraisal Certifications are highly preferred (mass or non-mass).
- Must have excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Excel and WORD
- Must be able to deal professionally with others in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Public Administration or a related fields is preferred.
Closing Date/Time: 5/1/2022 11:59 PM Eastern