Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 32
Salary Range: $45,142.56 - $66,628.08
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is recruiting for multiple Social Worker 1 positions. These vacancies are located within Community Based Care (CBC) and Adult Protective Services (APS) in Carson City, Nevada.
This recruitment may be used to underfill a Social Worker 2 position. Under close supervision, incumbents at this level function in a trainee capacity, learning to determine social service needs of clients, develop appropriate solutions, and case plans, and provide ongoing case management services. Advancement to the next level may occur after meeting the minimum qualification, satisfactory performance, and with endorsement of the appointing authority.
Social Workers are licensed professionals who provide case management services to children, families, the elderly, and other individuals within local communities and institutions. The Social Workers will be responsible for investigating reports of abuse, neglect, exploitation, abandonment, and isolation of vulnerable adults 18-59 years of age and elders 60 and above. Through investigation within the community and long-term care facilities within the State of Nevada incumbents are responsible for providing or arranging for services to alleviate and prevent further maltreatment while safeguarding clients' civil liberties.
Based on the Governor's mandate, effective 8/15/21, any employee who has not received the COVID-19 vaccination, must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. If not already vaccinated, some positions in ADSD require employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccination no later than November 1, 2021. If selected for interview, you will be notified of the requirements pertaining to the position.
ADSD provides an atmosphere of innovative thinking, teamwork, friendly co-workers, and provides a positive working environment. The mission of ADSD is to provide leadership and advocacy in the planning, development, and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan to allow all of Nevada's elders, children, and adults with disabilities or special health care needs, to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives to the greatest extent possible.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0/
Licensure or provisional licensure as a Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Independent Social Worker, or Associate in Social Work.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Licensure or provisional licensure by the State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers as a Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Independent Social Worker, or Associate in Social Work is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Some positions require work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant at the cost of the applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market: