Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,120.00 /month to $3,859.00 / month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for sorting mail; distribute incoming materials to campus departments. Pick up large/heavy items from departments and deliver to other departments. Pick up Confidential Destroy recyclable paper, pick up and/or deliver items on short notice. Responsibilities
Campus materials distribution
- Distribute incoming materials to campus departments
- Pick up large/heavy items from departments and deliver to other departments
- Pick up Confidential Destroy recyclable paper
- Pick up and/or deliver items on short notice
Mail sorting, processing, and distribution
- Sort, bundle, and distribute incoming U.S. and inter-campus mail
- Process outgoing U.S. mail
- Process bulk-rate mailings and handle postage-due items
- Process outgoing UPS and overnight mail shipments
Materials receiving and processing
- Offload materials from incoming trucks
- Inspect quantity and quality of materials and sign delivery manifest logs
- Enter receiving data into computer
- Enter package information into internal receiving system and prepare for delivery to departments
- Prepare and affix routing labels to packages
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet required deadlines department
- Ability to work effectively in a strong service environment amid the pressures of constantly changing priorities must have attention to detail
- Experience with personal computers and application software such as electronic mail
- Ability to provide information to staff, faculty, students, and senior campus officials in a courteous manner with an emphasis on customer services.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, must be able to stand for extended periods, and must be able to bend twist sit and squat occasionally.
- May handle sealed biological and chemical packages
- Must be able to work in extreme climate conditions typical of a Shipping/Receiving department
- Must have attention to detail
- Knowledge of University and State policies and procedures
Working knowledge of methods, practices, and equipment used in receiving, storing, packing, and shipping materials and supplies. General knowledge of methods of taking inventories and maintaining inventory records.
Ability to match names and numbers quickly and accurately; keep simple records and make simple reports; read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position; make simple mathematical calculations; operate powered materials handling equipment; apply safe methods of moving heavy supplies and equipment; perform manual labor.
One year of experience assisting in the receipt, storage, or issuance of materials from a centralized stockroom or warehouse, including some experience in the operation of fork lift trucks or similar power-operated materials handling equipment.
Prospective applicants who do not have the experience listed may be considered eligible based on other evidence of meeting the above minimum qualifications.
Possess a valid California driver's license appropriate for each vehicle operated which may include two-axle single-motor and one towed vehicle (e.g., a trailer with a gross weight of 6,000 pounds or less) as required. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Two to three years of Warehouse/ Shipping & Receiving experience.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled