Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-SO NEV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 41
Salary Range: $66,628.08 - $100,161.36
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: LISA D FRIEND
Phone: 775 684-0110
Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services (SNAMHS) is currently recruiting Psychological Assistant positions. Under the direct clinical supervision of a Licensed Psychologist, incumbents perform the duties described in the series concept in a trainee capacity. Incumbents may be automatically progressed to Licensed Psychologist I upon receipt of licensure as a psychologist in the State of Nevada.
This position is intended to be assigned to Stein Forensic Facility. Psychological Assistants at Stein will learn about psychology's intersection with the criminal justice system, will learn to conduct competency evaluations, risk assessments, psychological testing for forensic contexts, and will learn additional forensic topics, including expert testimony. Under the direct clinical supervision of a Licensed Psychologist, Psychological
Assistants at Stein Forensic Facility will formulate individualized behavioral plans and token economy programs, conduct competency evaluations, psychological assessments, and risk assessments, assist in crisis intervention, serve as consultants to other departments, develop programming,
and provide group and individual psychotherapy.
At SNAMHS, Psychological Assistants are members of interdisciplinary treatment teams along with psychiatry, social services, nursing, and caseworkers. Psychological Assistants may provide clinical supervision for trainees at multiple levels of training, including doctoral psychology interns placed at SNAMHS through the Nevada Psychology Internship Consortium (NV-PIC), an American Psychological Association accredited internship training program. Psychological Assistants may serve on committees for SNAMHS. The successful candidate will demonstrate support for and an interest in working with a marginalized, underserved, and diverse client population.
All incumbents will work an innovative variable schedule and are exempt from overtime. As a condition for continued employment, incumbents must complete and maintain all position and agency required trainings and certifications. Incumbents must possess and maintain a current Nevada Driver's License. Psychological Assistants are required to be registered with the Board of Psychological Examiners continuously until licensed. Psychological Assistants comply with all professionally relevant laws, regulations, and SNAMHS policies.
Position Description Cont.
The mission of the SNAMHS is to protect, promote and improve the physical and behavioral health of the people of Nevada. SNAMHS provides excellent benefits package that includes health and dental insurance and many additional optional benefits including vision insurance, long-term disability, pet insurance, identity theft protection, and more. Employees enjoy participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) pension-based retirement program and can enroll in an additional deferred compensation retirement program (457b). Employees accrue 15 days of annual leave and 15 days of sick leave annually and have 11 paid holidays and 3 professional development days. State employees pay no city, county, state or social security employment tax. SNAMHS provides continual on-going training and education to our staff and the availability of on-site CEUs. Employment at SNAMHS meets eligibility requirements to apply for the federal student loan forgiveness program after 10 years of employment and payments on loans.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
It is the policy of the State of Nevada that employee recruitment, appointment, assignment, training, compensation and/or promotion occur on the basis of merit and without regard to race/color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partnership, or disability.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- An active doctoral psychology internship agreement and/or a certificate of successful completion of a doctoral psychology internship program is required at the time of application.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Psychological Assistants must be approved as a Registered Psychological Assistant by the State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners at the time of appointment and must remain in good standing with the Board as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Some positions may be required to work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A valid Nevada driver's license or equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant at the cost of the applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas