Job Description Office of Information Technology
Salary Range: $92,701 - $123,601
Exempt / Union Represented
Per the State Bar's Remote Work Policy, the majority of the State Bar's workforce is expected to work in the office at least two days per week.
The Office of Information Technology (IT) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior Project Manager to oversee, facilitate, and support end-to-end delivery of complex infrastructure and application solutions. Strong capabilities delivering agile Scrum projects, IT's primary methodology. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to identify and engage with project stakeholders and manage all ongoing communications to ensure all are kept informed at an appropriate level. DEFINITION
Under general direction, the Project Manager/ Senior Program Analyst conducts professional-level analysis and administers programs and/or functions; performs specialty assignments and acts in a lead capacity with respect to lower level professional and support staff; and performs related work as required. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
The Senior Program Analyst is the is the lead/advanced journey-level professional class performing advanced, specialized work of a professional nature, utilizing skills that require technical expertise and an understanding of complex analytical procedures and program processes. Incumbents exercise a high degree of professional judgment with considerable independence. This class may function as the lead over professional, technical and/or administrative support personnel on an ongoing or project basis. Responsibilities include project planning and the performance of high-level professional analyses and service in the division/unit to which assigned. Key responsibilities include:
a) managing a large complex initiative or a combination of smaller projects that vary in complexity and scale; b) organizing and coaching project teams or agile scrum team as appropriate; c) developing appropriate and effective executive level communication; and d) participating in establishing mature PMO practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand these capabilities for the organization. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Preferred Knowledge/ Skills:
- Create and execute project plans for roadmap features spanning multiple teams.
- Manage Project Scope and Sprint scope, risk and issues, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans.
- Develop, initiate and manage a communication plan, including regular project status reports for executive staff.
- Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all customers including third parties.
- Manage vendors and cross - functional project teams and ensure on - time delivery.
- Provide clear ownership for and visibility of the resolution of all project risks and issues.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, and test and deployment management activities.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem - solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Participate in establishing mature PMO practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand these capabilities for the organization.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Experienced Project Manager and Scrum Master with strong SDLC / Waterfall and Agile Scrum capabilities. CSM or equivalent work experience required; PMP optional.
- Extensive experience with Agile principles, Scrum methodology, project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to demonstrate consistently balanced good judgment and logical thought prioritization.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills, including facilitation and coaching and able to lead and influence others.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Self - motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non - technical staff, all levels of management.
- Proficiency in MS Office/MS365 tools, Microsoft Project Online, Smartsheet, and Atlassian products.
Condition of Employment
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross - functional matrix environment.
- 5+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
Employment with the State Bar of California requires full vaccination and proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 before starting work. Exemptions to the mandatory vaccination policy may be available for a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief and must be approved before starting work.