Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-SO NEV CHILD & ADLSCNT SVCS
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $61,011.36 - $91,350.00
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
The Nevada Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is recruiting for a Clinical Social Worker (CSW) III to be located in Reno, NV. This position actively participates on a multidisciplinary team providing clinical supervision and personnel functions for mental health clinicians and support staff assigned to PRTF North and Enterprise. The CSW III oversees the admissions and mental health treatment of youth placed in DCFS care and is assigned to a 24 hour/7 day a week Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF).
The CSW III provides clinical and administrative supervision to clinicians providing individual, family, and group therapy utilizing evidence-based treatment practices. They facilitate staff meetings to discuss youths' treatment at interdisciplinary and clinical team meetings, integrate and analyze information from all available sources, document quality of care, ensure information is available to other members of the treatment team by completing required forms and approve documentation to ensure compliance with established laws, regulations, policies, and standards of care. The CSW III will need to be familiar with the behavior modification model used in the treatment facility and work collaboratively with treatment home staff and nurses to meet youth needs. The CSW III will need to be familiar with the behavior modification model used in the rehabilitation facility, work collaboratively with facility staff to meet youth needs, develop and maintain policy and procedures and oversee training for mental health staff at the facility. Clinical and supervisory experience is preferred. This position requires licensure/ LCSW.
The State of Nevada and DCFS offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and 15 days of sick leave, 11 paid holidays and no city, county, state or social security tax! DCFS is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion of belief, age disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy genetic information (GINA), or gender identity and expression.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker by the Board of Examiners for Social Workers, and one year of post-licensure experience in a clinical setting.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe