Salary: $31,553.60 - $39,436.80 Annually USD
WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE COMMUNITY? APPLY TODAY TO GET STARTED! IMMEDIATE VACANCIES AVAILABLE!
The Preschool Services Department (PSD) is recruiting for Teacher Aides II who assist in the planning and implementation of lesson plans with teachers; assist with learning experiences; attend team meetings to learn new procedures; observe and report on the progress of children; document disabilities; report suspected child abuse; communicate with staff, parents, and children; serve food; and assist children with activities such as dressing and toileting.
These are contract positions to work approximately 9 to 12 months per year.
An eligible list will be established to fill current and future vacancies as they occur throughout San Bernardino County.
For more detailed information, refer to the PSD Teacher Aide II-Contract job description.
For more information about PSD benefits, see links for: PSD 9 Month Contract or PSD 12 Month Contract .
Click here to view the Preschool Services Department Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Effective January 31, 2022, the Office of Head Start (OHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Interim Final Rule requires that all existing staff and new hires complete a vaccination series against COVID 19 as follows: have their second dose in a two-dose vaccination series, or first dose in a single-dose vaccination by January 31, 2022. New hires may request an exemption from the vaccination requirements under the following: (1) the new hire is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the new hire is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons. Valid exemptions must be submitted before the start of employment. New hires who have an approved exemption will be subject to weekly testing and must wear a face covering while on site.
2) Must be able to lift and carry a small child (up to 50 lbs.) as needed/in the event of an emergency. Other physical demands include: sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting, grasping, fine manipulation, pushing/pulling, reaching, stooping, using smell and touch, working outside and vision and hearing.
3) Must pass a pre-employment physical including a tuberculosis test and required immunizations (SB792).
4) Must obtain a valid San Bernardino County Food Handler's card and First Aid/CPR cards within two (2) weeks of hire and maintain throughout employment.
5) Travel throughout the County may be required. A valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance may be required at the time of hire for the person providing the transportation.
*(Remote/telework not available for this position.)
Job offers are contingent upon passing a background investigation which includes a fingerprint check and search of the Child Abuse Index before appointment. If an individual has been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, the individual cannot work or be present in any community care facility unless they request and subsequently obtain a criminal record exemption from the Community Care Licensing Division, Caregiver Background Check Bureau (CBCB). With the exception of minor traffic violations, all convictions, including misdemeanors, felonies, and convictions occurring a long time ago, require an exemption. CBCB also examines arrest records to determine if there is a possible danger to clients. Crimes against children and convictions of a violent nature, such as sex offenses, murder, manslaughter, arson, and robbery are crimes for which an exemption cannot be issued. (Health & Safety Code section 1596.871)
Applicants MUST meet one of the following options:
OPTION 1: Possess a valid/active CA Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (or higher level permit) issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). For information on permit requirements, click here .
OPTION 2: Possess a completed/awarded Associate's degree (or higher) which must include six (6) semester (9 quarter) core units of completed college coursework in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development (CD).
Note: Qualifying degrees or coursework must be completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Degrees or coursework completed outside the U.S. must be accompanied with an evaluation report from a reputable credential evaluation service showing equivalency to degrees or coursework completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Option 1: A copy of the required valid/active CA Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (or higher level permit).
Option 2: A legible copy of transcripts (unofficial are accepted) AND a copy of the degree.
Required documentation MUST be attached to your application or submitted via fax to (909) 387-5819 Attn: PSD Teacher Aide II-Contract or email to email@example.com Subject: PSD Teacher Aide II - Contract. Failure to provide the requested documents at the time of application submittal may result in disqualification of the application.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic principles and practices of early child development; act as a role model for children in a safe, supervised environment; understand and follow oral and written directions; and maintain a supportive and cooperative working relationship with children, staff members, and parents. Prior experience in a Head Start program is highly desirable and should be listed on the application.
There will be a determination of minimum qualifications based upon a review of the Application and the Supplemental Questionnaire; therefore it is to your advantage to provide as much relevant and detailed work experience as possible, as resumes will not be reviewed in lieu of the application materials.
Application Procedure :
Complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
EEO/ADA: San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
ADA Accommodation: If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
Veterans' Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points.
NOTE: There is a six (6) month waiting period to re-apply for the same job classification (title and level).
For important information on employment processes and submitting job applications, see links below: Guide to Completing a County Job Application
Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Scan below for more information about Child Development Permit requirements:
San Bernardino, California