The purpose of this position is to perform general cleaning and maintenance functions for public facilities of the City of Grand Prairie. This is accomplished by cleaning public facilities; and performing basic maintenance on equipment. Other duties include setting up equipment for special events and assisting with other duties as assigned.Essential Job Functions
- Cleans public facilities by cleaning restrooms and floors; dusting; cleaning windows; emptying trash; installing paper products in dispensers; and maintaining inventory of paper products.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment by installing light bulbs; fixing toilets; changing air conditioner filters; assembling furniture and equipment; and reporting any equipment problems to supervisor.
- Sets up for special events by arranging tables and chairs; setting up audio/visual equipment; and preparing food for some events.
- Assists with other duties by moving boxes or other materials as requested; assisting with arranging displays; and assisting at the service counter.
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. A high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Under and including one year. Experience in general cleaning and maintenance for public facilities preferred.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
Closing Date/Time: Continuous