Ride BART to a satisfying career that lets you both: 1) make a difference to Bay Area residents, and 2) enjoy excellent pay, benefits and employment stability. BART is looking for people who like to be challenged, work in a fast paced environment, and have a passion for connecting riders to work, school and other places they need to go. BART offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, paid time off, and the CalPERS retirement program.
Conditions of Employment
All San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. You will be required to show proof of your completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to receiving a final offer, unless you receive a COVID-19 Vaccination reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or a religious exemption due to an approved sincerely held religious belief that prohibits you from receiving a vaccine. BART will review requests for a reasonable accommodation or religious exemption on a case-by-case basis. Documentation may be required. For questions, please contact BART Human Resources, Leave Management at HRDP@bart.gov .
Desktop and Networks Services
Pay and Benefits
BART offers comprehensive compensation and benefits programs. Benefits include CalPERS pension; excellent medical (effective January 1, 2022 current employee cost $157.35 monthly for most plans), vision, and dental coverage; supplemental insurances; paid holidays and vacation; as well as two investment programs, one of which is entirely funded by BART. BART does not participate in Social Security. Complimentary BART passes for employee and qualifying dependents.
Sr. Computer Support Coordinator (SEIU)
Step 1: $53.91.0347/hour - Step 5: $70.47/hour
External candidates will start at Step 1
January 17, 2022
Open until filled
C. Vu-Pang, The Manager of Information Systems or designee.
Who May Apply
All current BART employees and qualified individuals who are not yet BART employees.
This position will be used to fill two Sr. Computer Support Coordinators vacancies. The Senior Computer Support Coordinator (SCSC) is responsible for providing expert technical support, strategy, independent research and analysis for workgroup and enterprise systems in the focused areas of Enterprise Networking - packet routing and switching, network monitoring, WiFi access, tuning and management, infrastructure security; Network/Server Operating Systems (NOS) i.e. Windows, Linux and Unix, Administration of Virtualization platforms for desktops and servers, server and operating systems security; and Enterprise application systems and environment support. As part of the support team, the Sr. Computer Support Coordinator will utilize in-depth knowledge on the technical environment to assist the general computer end user population including the areas of desktops, servers and networking technologies and software applications in workgroup and enterprise environments.
The Sr. Computer Support Coordinator position involves substantial contact with end user department staff to ascertain system needs and provide technical assistance with many of the following; AV systems and technology, Back-up and Data Recovery, Disaster Recovery as a Service, Fax & Voice over Data solutions, and Data Center administration.
The Sr. Computer Support Coordinator is distinguished from Computer Support Coordinator in that this class of work includes the entire life cycle of networked systems from survey, to analysis, to design, implementation and maintenance.
Essential Job Functions
1. Under direction and guidance from IT Business Systems Operations Supervisor, Division Manager or Chief Information Officer , provide independent analysis and research on computer problem incidents, problems and requests affecting individual users and workgroups but focusing mainly on enterprise level solutions, standardization in hardware and software architecture to ensure scalability to accommodate future growth while maintaining compatibility/inter-operability with existing and legacy systems still in production use.
2. Develop maintain and update documentation and procedures for enterprise systems and enforce Office of the CIO policies, standards and procedures. Senior Computer Support Coordinator
3. Provide full-time Primary Systems Administration for workgroup and enterprise systems for IP network, Storage Area Network, servers and infrastructure management application systems for physical and virtual environments, initiate and lead resolution of complex technical issues and problems in enterprise environments in timely manner.
4. Provide systems analysis, design, implementation, planning and administration at enterprise level i.e,multiple workgroups managed centrally using enterprise tools that pro-actively monitor large systems such as setting up alerts for enterprise systems.
5. Provide Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas: Desktop Deployment and Configuration Management, IP Network and Routing/Switching for wired and wireless network infrastructure, Storage Network and Back Up System, Servers/Network Operating Systems.
6. May be required lead of technical projects and teams through partial and/or all project phases: project initiation, development, implementation and Close-out phases, coordinate large technical and functional teams on CIO projects and implementations for enterprise systems as assigned.
7. Represent CIO on projects sponsored by other business departments.
8. May be required to mentor and train lower and equal level CSCs on projects.
- Project Management
- Configuring and maintaining the following hardware:
- Desktops, Laptops and Other Endpoint Devices
- Network Interface Cards and Wireless Adapters
- Routers, Switches, Network Controllers and Wireless Access Points
- Enterprise Backup Systems / Cloud Disaster Recovery / Manage Enterprise Backup Systems
- Standalone, Rack-mounted appliances
- UPS and Battery installation and maintenance
- Local, Metropolitan and Wide Area Network
- Copper and Fiber cabling
- Power and Cooling Requirements for Data Center and equipment
- Other Hardware as Needed
- Configuring, using and supporting the following software and systems services:
- Computer Operating Systems for Servers, Desktop/Laptops, such as Linux, Apple operating systems for personal devices
- Business Productivity Office Professional Applications
- Enterprise Email (client and server)
- Driver installation for peripherals i.e. printers, scanners
- AV technology
- Voice & Fax over IP
- IT Service Management software for Help Desk
- Configuration Management, Automated Software Distribution and Asset Inventory, Remote Control for PCs and other Devices
- Network Performance Monitoring and Management
- Antivirus software (client and server)
- Virtual Desktop administration
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Troubleshooting integration issues of enterprise systems
- Troubleshooting desktop/laptop/server hardware/software and network troubleshooting physical and virtualized network, server, storage and desktop environments
- Configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting enterprise systems configuration and operating systems i.e. Microsoft Windows, Linux and Unix
- IP networking in enterprise wired and wireless environments as well as enterprise systems configuration and operating systems
- Configuring and maintenance of complex enterprise systems including network routers, switches and controllers, blade servers, server clusters, storage area networks and systems management tools for enterprise, network, storage systems, configuration management and control in physical and virtualized environments.
- Technical concepts and technologies that Office of the CIO implements and to quickly designstandards, procedures, performance metrics, strategies and methodologies for implementations that can be re-used for future projects and implementations.
- Leadership in defining complex enterprise issues/problems and implementing large-scale impact solutions.
- Developing approaches and strategies to minimize risk for systems implementations /migrations and develop /execute project plans for IT Projects and implementations for enterprise systems.
- Working well with others and provide excellent customer service.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field. Certifications in network and server engineering/administration and configuration are highly desirable.
Five years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable experience with increasing responsibilities and results in providing workgroup and enterprise solutions to medium-sized and large organizations in a highly complex IT environment. Responsibilities within these five years must include hands-on infrastructure systems design and administration include two (2) years of technical project management and/or lead experience.
Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college is preferred.
Office environment; exposure to computers.
May require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.
This is a SEIU Local 1021 Bargaining unit position. However, All SEIU members must follow the "Bid Form Process", failure to comply will invalidate an employee's application.
The Employment Office will screen bids/applications/resumes against the minimum qualifications. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred to the hiring department for further consideration. The selection process may involve a skills/performance test, written exam, and/or a panel interview. Outside applicants will not be considered until all employees who have applied have been considered first.
All applicants are asked to complete the application and/or Bid Form in full, indicating dates of employment, all positions held, hours worked, and a full description of duties. On line applicants are invited to electronically attach a resume to the application form to provide supplemental information, but should not consider the resume a substitute for the Bid or application form.
All SEIU Local 1021 members MUST submit their bid forms in the bid box. Failure to comply may invalidate the employee's bid.
Current Non-SEIU employees are strongly encouraged to apply on line, either at www.bart.gov/jobs, or on WebBART. Current Non-SEIU employees may also apply using a BART paper application by delivering the completed form to the Human Resources Department, or by mailing it to P. O. Box 12688, Oakland, CA 94604-2688.
On line or paper applications are considered to provide supplemental information and should not be considered a substitution for the bid form itself.
Applications must be complete by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and above), religion, national origin (including language use restrictions), disability (mental and physical, including HIV and AIDS), ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer/genetic characteristics and information), or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
The BART Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities or for religious reasons. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any special needs in advance of the examination by emailing at least 5 days before your examination date at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Qualified veterans may be eligible to obtain additional veteran's credit in the selection process for this recruitment (effective Jan. 1, 2013). To obtain the credit, veterans must attach to the application a DD214 discharge document or proof of disability and complete/submit the Veteran's Preference Application no later than the closing date of the posting. For more information about this credit please go to the Veteran's Preference Policy and Application link at www.bart.gov/jobs.
Please note that any job announcement may be canceled at any time.
When you have successfully applied for this position you will receive an auto reply e-mail acknowledging that your application was received for this position. Please retain a copy of the e-mail for your records. If you receive an auto reply that does not specifically reference this position, please email Employment Help at email@example.com for assistance.
To verify submission of your application, click on the 'My Career Tools' link at the top of the 'Careers Home Page' after submitting your application to view the list of applications you have submitted (including application date and status). If you have further questions, please email the Employment Help at firstname.lastname@example.org , between the hours of 8:15am - 5:00pm, Monday- Friday.