CLASS SUMMARYJOIN THE SPOKANE PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT TODAY!We are looking for temp-seasonal ATHLETIC LEAGUE SITE LEADS to be a part of our winning team!
The primary responsibility of an Athletic Leagues Site Lead is to supervise the activities occurring at the work site assigned for that shift. Athletic League Site Leads are required to provide a high level of customer service, and professionalism for players, spectators, officials and other staff.
Approx. 4 - 20 hours a week, based on availability.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The following Responsibilities and Requirements are functions the individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up/take-down of equipment
- Direct players to assigned areas
- Clean-up and oversight of facilities
Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Record keeping
- Documenting game and/or incident reports
- Documenting accidents/injuries
- Conflict management
- Enforcing the league rules and policies set by Spokane Parks and Recreation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSREQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Previous experience working with recreation programs, and/or previous team-sports experience; and/or customer service experience (desired but not required). Seeking outgoing and professional individuals who are able to greet those entering the gym, and assist or direct them in response to program or facility questions.
- Must be 18 years of age and have reliable transportation- CPR, AED, & First Aid certified desired or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Applicants are subject to background checks & drug testing.
- Have excellent communication skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status.