Salary: $99,083 - $120,436 USD
Apply By: Feb 25, 2022
San Joaquin County Behavioral Health Services has an opening for a Deputy Director. The current vacancy will provide direction for assigned administrative functions in the department. The Deputy Director of Behavioral Health Services-Administrative will be responsible for providing leadership direction on strategic planning, contract and service compliance, and policy recommendations. This is an at-will position and is exempt from the San Joaquin County Civil Service System. The position reports to the Senior Deputy Director of Behavioral Health Services.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, and results-oriented with management experience in the areas of contract development and monitoring, policy research and analysis, community planning, budget development, and social service programs. The candidate will have the ability to:
- Through subordinate managers and supervisors, oversees and directs a multi-disciplinary staff engaged in administrative and support services; monitors staff work activities and responsibilities; directs and administers personnel matters, including employee selection, assignment, and evaluation; directs employee discipline as required; directs and oversees staff development training.
- Directs the establishment of administrative and/or operational policies and procedures; analyzes and interprets existing and proposed federal, state, and local legislation, policies, procedures and other directives to determine impact on assigned operations; consults with management, supervisory, and medical staff as required.
- Provides for community and staff education and training; disseminates information on programs; addresses public and private groups regarding behavioral/mental health services.
Education: Possession of a master’s degree in business or public administration, social work, counseling, nursing, psychology, or closely related field.
Experience: Five years of managerial experience in a public health care agency or program, including at least two years managing fiscal, procurement, personnel, quality improvement, facilities, or other administrative services activities.
License: Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Approximate Annual Base Salary: $99,083 - $120,436
- Cafeteria Plan (In addition to base salary, the County offers a Cafeteria Plan in the annual amount of $24,023 which is considered the employer’s benefit contribution and may be used to purchase medical, dental, and vision coverage. Depending on a candidate’s health plan selection, premiums not paid by the Cafeteria plan allowance will be the employee’s responsibility through a pre-tax deduction. Unused monies are paid as additional salary)
- 2% employer contribution to the County’s 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Vacation cash-out up to 8 days annually
- 1937 Retirement Act plan with reciprocity with CALPERS.
- 125 Flex Spending Benefits Plan
- 12 days sick leave annually with unlimited accumulation.
- 15 days of vacation leave (20 days after 10 years and 23 days after 20 years)
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 10 days administrative leave per year
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)