Introduction ***As of Sunday, 6/19/2022, the salary range will increase to $15.35/hour to $22.32/hour***
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
. About The Position
This position supports library services in the Circulation Department by providing exceptional customer service for Scottsdale Public Library patrons and staff. The job duties include working at public service desks and a Call Center in addition to handling a variety of daily Circulation tasks. Responsibilities also include handling financial transactions accurately.
Library Aide's work a varying schedule that includes evenings and rotating weekends. Only those candidates who are willing and able to work a flexible schedule will be considered to move forward in the selection process.Please note the following:
- Part-time positions have limited benefits, as required by law.
- Part-time positions are unclassified, at-will and serve at the discretion of City.
- Interviews will be conducted periodically throughout this continuous job posting when a sufficient number of applications have been received.
- The intent of this recruitment is to establish an eligibility list where your application may be used to fill existing and/or future vacancies in various branch locations.
- It is only necessary to submit one application; duplicates will not be considered, nor will they increase your chances of being selected to move forward in the process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
- One year of public contact experience resolving various levels of customer service needs.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or job-related training or experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Provides exceptional customer service in a courteous, professional manner at Library Check Out, Customer Service, Triage, Call Center, Drive-up window, Library Operations, and Roves in accordance with CREST (Customers Receive Exceptional Service Today), the Scottsdale Way, and City Values.
- Keeps apprised of changes in library policies, procedures, and library computer technologies (Library website, ebooks, etc).
- Accurately checks library materials in and out, withdraws materials, and suppresses materials in the library catalog.
- Carries out tasks for the opening/closing of the library to include opening or closing the building as needed and to assist room rental customers in the absence of a Library Monitor and maintains the area in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintains an awareness of the library's emergency and evacuation procedures.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to review the entire job description.The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Stacks books on carts. Pushes heavy cart weighing up to 300 pounds across library.
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.