The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a part time temporary Housekeeping/Custodial Worker II providing support to Cleveland County Health Department at the Well. This is a state employee position 34000190, governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Norman, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022
. The hourly salary for this position is up to $20.00, based on education and experience. Position Summary:
This position will be responsible for the care and cleaning of a facility called The Well which is a facility developed as a partnership between the Cleveland County Health Department and Cleveland County. The position would ensure the facility is clean, assist in the set-up and take-down of the Cleveland County Farmer's Market, and assist with maintaining the landscaping of the facility. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware throughout the facility.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Maintain inventory of custodial supplies.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assist in the set-up and take-down of conference rooms for meetings, conferences, and other events.
• Assists in the set-up and take-down of the Cleveland County Farmer's Market.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Assist in the maintenance of facility landscaping. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; of proper procedures for disposing of waste, including medically contaminated sharps and medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies; and of chemical product safety. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions. Skill is required to operate custodial equipment. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be required outdoors in all weather conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is frequently required to talk, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand or walk long periods of time, and use hands to handle, control, feel objects or tools. Applicant will be able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds and able to lift and hold overhead up to 40 pounds. Applicants be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position. This position does travel.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six months experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience. NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Closing Date/Time: 8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM