Salary: $7,116.00-$9,251.00 USD
The County of Yuba is recruiting for the position of Physical Therapist in the Health & Human Services Department. This stand-alone medical professional classification reports directly to the County's Health Officer. The Physical Therapist performs physical therapy in a Medical Therapy Unit for the California Children's Services Program for physically disabled children and adolescents. The incumbent will work directly from a physician's prescription, which frequently allows considerable latitude in methods of treatment. Therapy plans are developed individually and in conjunction with other staff and carried out by incumbents.
Examples of Duties:
- Screen, evaluate and treat patients for physical therapy services; develop long-and short-term physical therapy plans as prescribed by physicians.
- Administer diagnostic and prognostic tests to assist in developing a treatment plan and evaluates range of motion, sensation, and developmental levels.
- Confer with physicians, nursing staff and other physical and occupational therapists regarding proposed treatment plans.
- Review patient information, receive requests for physical therapy, and log in information; ensure that all patient records are integrated and up-to-date; schedule and coordinate appointments for physical therapy work as required.
- Observe patient response to therapy, maintains clinical notes, and prepares required reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of physical therapy equipment and quality control techniques; participate in meetings to ensure proper education of the healthcare team; review policies and procedures related to physical therapy activities and recommend and implement improvements.
Close Date: Until filled