Lecturer Pool for Department of Psychology AY 22-23 (512222)

  • Cal State University (CSU) East Bay
  • Hayward, California
  • Jun 04, 2022
Part Time Parks and Recreation Public Health

Job Description




Part-Time Lecturer Pool Position

POSITION AVAILABLE: One or more temporary, part-time lecturers for a pool from which instructors will be considered for appointments as they become available for Fall Semester 2021, and/or Spring Semester 2022.

THE DEPARTMENT: The Department of Psychology is in the College of Science. It serves over one thousand undergraduate majors, about 75% of whom are working toward a B.A. degree. The remaining 25% are pursuing a B.S. degree, which offers options in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Ergonomics & Human Factors. The demographic composition of students in the Department of Psychology mirrors that of the university as a whole. Racial/ethnic composition: 17% Asian, 10% Black/African American, 1% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 4% International, 42% Latinx, 5% Multiple, 5% Unknown, 14% White. Other demographic information: 75% women; 67% first generation college students, 53% historically underserved (URM), 57% Pell Grant recipients, 65% transfer students. The diversity of our student body leads to rich classroom discussion and an opportunity to mentor historically underserved students. The department emphasizes the science of psychology in all its courses and includes opportunities for hands-on research for all students. For additional information on the department: http://www.csueastbay.edu/psychology/

DUTIES OF THE POSITION: Teaching assigned classes in psychology. Preparing syllabi and other course materials, planning class sessions and out-of-class activities, communicating with students and helping them with class material as appropriate, and holding regular office hours. Please note that teaching assignments at California State University, East Bay include courses at the Hayward, Concord, and Online campuses. The policy and expectation of the California State University is that all faculty members will perform all of their duties within the state of California.

RANK AND SALARY: Lecturer. Salary is dependent upon educational preparation and experience. Position appointment is subject to budgetary authorization.

DATE OF APPOINTMENT: Fall Semester begins August 17, 2021 and Spring Semester begins January 21, 2022.

QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. in Psychology (or related field) or enrollment in a Ph.D. program is preferred. Candidates who possess a Master's degree and teaching experience in an appropriate field will be considered.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Positions open until filled. Applications are considered on a continuous basis.

Note: California State University, East Bay hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee's identity and eligibility to work in accordance with provisions of the immigration Reform and Control Act. A background check (including a criminal records check and prior employment verification) must be completed and cleared prior to the start of employment.

CSUEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.

Closing Date/Time: Open until filled

Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)


Job Address

Hayward, California 94542 United States View Map