Salary: 40,871 USD
Salary Top: 48,846
Apply By: Aug 31, 2022
TITLE: Adult Services Manager LOCATION: Burch Library
OPENING DATE: March 17, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
JOB NUMBER: JN22-26LB FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SALARY RANGE: $40,871 - $48,846 annually (DOQ) with excellent benefits package
Working as an Adult Services Manager, you can expect to assist upper management in directing the Adult Services library programs and in the supervision of workers engaged in the day-to-day operations of the Adult Services department. Additional duties include:
- Supervise, direct, and evaluate assigned staff, process employee concerns and problems, direct work, coordinate daily work activities; counsel, discipline, and complete employee performance appraisals; conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations; train new staff and/or volunteers on the duties at the information desk and customer service.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, and administering all aspects of the adult services summer reading program.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule, and conduct a variety of adult programming which address community interests and educational needs.
- Oversee the Adult Services library collection with an emphasis on procuring quality materials to promote the educational and recreational needs and interests of adults; review, choose, and prepare books and other materials for circulation; select and withdraw material that is worn or outdated.
- Develop, promote, and provide community outreach; maintain regular communication with other agencies, institutions and organizations serving adults in the community; oversee, create, and publicize public relations materials to promote adult services.
- Provide reference services to adult patrons and provide reader advisory service for all ages; facilitate lifelong learning by teaching patrons the use of all library resources and systems.
- Maintain the Library’s Integrated Library System (ILS) including the circulation, cataloging, administration, and acquisition modules.
- This position requires a combination of day, night, and weekend work. Shifts can vary to ensure proper coverage of desk during open hours.
- A Master’s Degree from an American Library Association accredited college with major course work in Library Science
- Three (3) years previous experience and/or training in adult library services, literature, and reference resource, at least one (1) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Valid Driver’s License
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, please download our general application from our website www.colliervilletn.gov, or you can also visit Town Hall and submit a physical application in the Human Resources Department.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
The Town of Collierville has all the amenities and services of a large metropolitan area successfully blended with historic charm and character. Through many years of visionary planning, Collierville has grown to be known as one of the most desirable communities in the nation to live, work, and learn. Because of this, we are very careful in selecting exceptional individuals to become part of our team. We provide amazing benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, Town provided life and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, pension, and more!
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)
500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, Tennessee