The Job Make a Difference in Delivering Health and Wellness to Millions of County Residents
Newly hired employees from this recruitment
may be eligible to receive bonus payments up to $2,000* $1000 upon hire and $1000 upon completion of 2080 service hours . Referral Bonus-
Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive a referral bonus* Remote Assignment-
Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive bonus payments up to $2,000* Relocation Assistance-
Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive relocation assistance* Tuition Reimbursement-
Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement. San Bernardino County employees are eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness.
*According to criteria established in the Professional Unit Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) ( see pages 64-67 ) Clinical Therapists II - Psychologist
are lead workers who direct a small number of clinical staff members. Typical duties consist of providing clinical and administrative consultation to their staff; which includes providing clinical, administrative, and psychological testing supervision for interns and/or staff obtaining hours towards licensure; screening prospective clients for appropriateness of program services; intervening in crisis situations; complex care coordination; auditing and monitoring charts; utilization review; payment authorization; selecting, administering, scoring, and interpreting a wide variety of objective and projective tests, including cognitive, psychodiagnostic, and project measures for the treatment of individuals diagnosed with severe mental illness or severe emotional disturbance; and participating in providing rehabilitative mental health/substance abuse services in clinic, field, and community settings to clients with severe mental, emotional and substance abuse disorders. Immediate vacancies exist in the Workforce Education and Training (WET) APA accredited internship program. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur throughout the department.
The APA pre-doctoral internship provides a one-year full-time training experience for psychology doctoral students in their last year of education. Interns are placed in a variety of clinical units throughout DBH. Staff in this position would assist with providing supervision of interns in forensic programs, general outpatient clinics, and assist with psychological testing supervision. Staff would be required to travel to various clinics to provide supervision and support to practicum students, interns, and postdoctoral and pre-licensed psychologists. Staff would also be responsible for assisting in collecting and reporting data to the American Psychological Association in compliance with accreditation standards. Staff will assist with recruiting, onboarding, and completing Board of Psychology documentation for practicum students, interns, and postdoctoral, and pre-licensed psychologists. THE COUNTY OFFERS TWO LUCRATIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Background Check:
An extensive background check will include a credit check, fingerprint/DOJ LiveScan, and DMV check. Must be a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent U.S. resident. Medical exam will also include drug and TB test.Shifts:
Some programs offer 24-hour services; some assignments may require employees to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call. Travel:
Travel throughout the County may be required depending on assignment. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced and maintained for the individual providing the transportation.Minimum Requirements License
: Must be licensed in the State of California as a Psychologist. Indicate license number and expiration date on the Supplemental Questionnaire. A copy of license is required upon appointment.-AND-Experience:
Six (6) months of Post-Graduate experience in a community mental health setting OR
six (6) months of Tiered Clinical Supervision experience.Desired Qualifications
Applicants fluent in American Sign Language, Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and/or Vietnamese are strongly encouraged to apply. Additional compensation is associated with positions requiring the use of bilingual skills. Testing of bilingual skills may be required to receive additional compensation.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable, however, not required:
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed therapist in a behavioral health or social services setting.
- Experience providing clinical supervision over clinical interns and/or trainees.
- Experience in a behavioral health or social service setting in a leadership role either managing a special assignment or providing occasional supervisory coverage.
- Currently employed as a therapist.
- Government or private inpatient, psychiatric hospital or behavioral health clinics/programs/contract agencies, serving acutely or persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience with Medi-Cal Documentation.
- Experience providing child/adolescent and family therapy.
- Experience with group and individual therapy services.
- Experience serving Transitional Aged Youth (TAY).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary team settings.
- Attention to detail and good ability to communicate.
- Experience with either currently or previously system involved youth (e.g., Child Welfare or Probation).
- Experience with psychological testing.
- A graduate of an APA accredited or CAPIC internship or experience as a supervisor in an APA or CAPIC accredited program.
- Experience in a crisis intervention/brief therapy setting with severely mentally ill adults/children.
- Experience in quality assurance or utilization review activities.
- Experience with managed care or insurance plans, such as, but not limited to, Kaiser, Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) or Molina Healthcare.
- Experience with performing clinical screening/assessment duties including screening and resource referrals to care.
- Experience with intensive care coordination with physical health care providers for severely persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience with case management for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Experience with coordinating care for individuals with co-occurring substance disorders.
- Experience in transitional care coordination between inpatient and outpatient levels of care for medical complexity children.
There will be a competitive evaluation
of qualifications based on the information provided in the Application and the Supplemental Questionnaire. You are encouraged to include detailed descriptions of your qualifying experience
, as only the most highly qualified applicants will be referred to the Department. Please ensure all relevant experience is indicate in the Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, as resumes and other attachments will not be reviewed for the competitive evaluation.
All communications regarding the selection process will be via e-mail. Applicants are encouraged to check their e-mail frequently
to learn additional information regarding this recruitment. Check your GovernmentJobs account for notifications. Update your firewalls to allow e-mails from San Bernardino County through governmentjobs.com. Update your Spam, Junk, and Bulk settings to ensure it will not spam/block/filter communications from e-mail addresses with the following domain "@hr.sbcounty.gov". Finally, be sure to keep your personal information updated. Taking these steps now will help ensure you receive all communications regarding this recruitment.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance
, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. EEO/ADA:
San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. ADA Accommodation:
If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the
Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline. Veterans' Preference:
Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points.
Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous