Description The City of Santa Ana is looking for individuals who are results-oriented, possess great attitude, demonstrate creativity and innovation, work efficiently, show a record of success and have a passion for public service. Having highly talented employees provides the best service to our community.
The Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Agency is currently seeking summer seasonal and year-round staff for the day camp, youth sports, after school adventures, nature center, and senior services programs. All positions are part-time and incumbents may work up to 19 hours per week. Work hours and schedules vary according to program and participant needs. Successful candidates must be available to work shifts during various hours of the day, evening, holidays, and weekends. Depending on program needs, staff may also have the opportunity to work on a year-round basis. Successful candidates must be available to work as early as mid-May for summer positions and as soon as possible for year-round positions. This recruitment is open until further notice and can close at any time. Interested i ndividuals are encouraged to apply immediately. The deadline for the first application review for summer seasonal positions is March 29, 2022. Additional application review deadlines will be added as needed. Bilingual pay is an additional $1.01/hour, if applicable.
Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To Under general supervision:
- Assists with the development and delivery of enrichment and recreational programs, which may include: sports, games, mini-excursions, competitive activities, contests and special events.
- Complies and/or distributes program/activity descriptions, arts and crafts, program and/or game calendars, center class schedules, registration forms, volunteer applications, and other program information.
- Requests all necessary supplies and materials.
- Provides general center support and customer service.
- Supervises participants and activities at a recreation center, senior center, or park.
- Monitors center/ facility reservations and opens and closes facility.
- Collaborates with other part-time staff with the supervision of daily program activities.
- Prepares promotional materials for programs/centers.
- Compiles and submits monthly statistics, newsletters, and facility usage reports.
- Addresses emergency/accident issues related to patrons and facilities.
- Assists in planning, organizing, promoting and conducting educational activities and/or programs for participants.
- Assists with the implementation of nature educational activities.
- Compiles and maintains evaluation documentation on participants' progress.
- Participates cooperatively in work team activities.
- May perform other duties depending on nature of assignment.
Minimum Qualifications Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of : Basic objective, methods, and techniques of assigned program area. Basic use of computers, which may include software from the Microsoft Office suite and the Internet.
Ability to: Learn, understand, instruct and conduct activities of assigned program. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and with diversified population groups having varied needs and expectations. Deal effectively and courteously with the public. Speak clearly and concisely. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Understand and carry out the responsibilities of assigned program area. Oversee and motivate volunteers and participants. Keep records and prepare reports and notices. Special Working Conditions: Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings, as needed depending on assignment, as a condition of employment. Some assignments may require the ability to work Citywide special events. Special Requirement : Must have reliable transportation.
may require possession and retention of a valid Class C driver's license. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Hmong, Korean, or Samoan is highly desirable.
All applicants are required to complete and submit a City application form online and answer the supplemental questionnaire. Resumes or faxed copies will not be accepted in lieu of an original application.
To apply, click on the "Apply" link located at the top of this page. New users must create an account first. Click on this link for instructions on how to set up your account and apply for the first time: Online Employment Application Guide.
The Human Resources Department and Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Agency will review all applications and those candidates who possess the most pertinent qualifications will be invited for an oral interview by the hiring agency. If you have any questions regarding the position, please call Human Resources at 714-647-5353 or 714-647-5340.Candidates given a job offer will be required to pass a medical exam and background records check.
The City of Santa Ana is an equal opportunity employer. If you consider yourself a person with a disability, you may contact us regarding providing reasonable accommodation.
PT Employees accrue paid sick leave at the rate of one (1) hour of paid sick leave for every thirty (30) hours worked up to a maximum accrual of 6 days or 48 hours. Employees are eligible to use 3 days or 24 hours of accrued paid sick leave in a 12-month period. For additional information please visit the Department of Industrial Relations Website: www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Paid_Sick_Leave.htm
Closing Date/Time: Continuous