Description: Department of Mathematics - Part-Time Lecturer Pool POSITION
The Department of Mathematics at CSU Fullerton invites applications for its Part-Time Lecturer Pool.
We welcome applications from individuals who are experienced and student centered to teach in the following subject areas:
- Math 110 - Mathematics for Liberal Arts Students
- Math 115 - College Algebra
- Math 120 - Elementary Statistics
- Math 125 - Precalculus
- Math 130 - Calculus for the Natural Sciences
- Math 135 - Business Calculus
- Math 150A - Calculus I
- Math 150B - Calculus II
- Math 170A - Mathematical Structures I
- Math 170B - Mathematical Structures II
- Math 250A - Calculus III
- Math 250B - Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Math 338 - Statistics Applied to Natural Sciences
Part-time appointment, usually to teach credit-bearing mathematics courses at the lower division level. Responsibility for a course will be vested in the lecturer, sometimes under the direct supervision of an appropriate faculty member. Teaching assignments may include multi-section coordinated courses, in which instructors must abide by all coordinated course policies, including the conditions contained in the general syllabi.
Duties will include the following:
- Providing classroom instruction.
- Preparing course materials and administering assignments to students.
- Administering examinations, grading student work and otherwise assessing student performance, and determining course grades.
- Holding scheduled office hours.
This is a pool of part-time lecturers for the department to draw on as necessary. Qualified applicants will be contacted when positions are available.
APPOINTMENTS FROM THE PART-TIME POOL ARE TEMPORARY AND OFTEN MADE JUST PRIOR TO THE START OF THE ACADEMIC TERM. APPLICANTS MAY BE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT ON VERY SHORT NOTICE. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Master's degree in Mathematics or related field.
- Applicants for Math Education courses (MAED) will be considered with a Bachelor's degree and a Secondary Teaching Credential in Mathematics and significant high school teaching experience.
- Candidates should demonstrate their ability to interact and work effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, including first-generation college students
The successful application will show strong evidence of:
- Mathematics content knowledge
- Spoken English communication skills
- Written English communication skills
- Professional presentation and demeanor
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should have prior teaching experience at the university level.
- Preference will be given to those with significant teaching experience in working with diverse populations and fostering a collaborative, supportive and inclusive environment.
- Preference will also be given to those with relevant performance and professional experience.
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. Please provide the following materials as it relates to your application requirements:
- A letter of interest highlighting experience in or potential for teaching
- A current resume
- Three (3) letters of recommendation highlighting experience in or potential for teaching. Letters must be signed and on professional letterhead stationery.
- Undergraduate and Graduate degree transcript(s) showing your degrees awarded.
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Dr. Todd CadwalladerOlsker, Professor, at email@example.com
. APPOINTMENT AND SALARY
All part-time faculty appointments are made as Lecturers, under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the CSU system and the California Faculty Association. Initial appointments are for one semester only. Typical starting salaries for part-time faculty range from $5,277 to approximately $6,297 per semester for a three-unit class.
For a description of potential benefits, go to https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/benefits/ APPOINTMENT DATE AND ACADEMIC CALENDAR
The need for part-time faculty is greatest in Fall and Spring semesters. The Fall term begins in the late August and ends in mid-December; the Spring term runs from the middle of January through the end of May. On rare occasions part-time faculty are needed during one of the Summer Session segments. ABOUT CSUF
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum. CSUF fosters an inclusive environment within which students, faculty, staff, and administrators thrive. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. CAMPUS & AREA:
Standing on 241 acres at the heart of Southern California, the university was founded in 1957 and has grown into a population of over 41,000 students. As Titans, we believe that diverse perspectives deepen our understanding. We are committed to giving students the support they need to graduate, while responding to California's revolving work force needs. At California State University, Fullerton we strive for continual improvement of students, staff, faculty and administrators through orientations, training programs and professional development opportunities. As part of the Titan Community, you have access to many campus facilities and services including but not limited to the Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana, CSUF Garden Grove Center, Fullerton Arboretum, cultural events and performances in the Clayes Performing Arts Center, Cal State Fullerton Athletics sports events, Titan Recreation Center, and the Employee Wellness Program. MANDATED REPORTER PER CANRA
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse And Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. TITLE IX Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CLEARANCE NOTICE
This offer is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or if information was knowingly withheld or falsified.
Please note, that continued employment is contingent upon your successful completion of a background screening as required under CSU policy. Faculty rehired at CSUF after a break in service of 12 or more months who have not had a CSUF background check within the past 12 months will be subject to a new background check; rehire is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the new background check OUT-OF-STATE EMPLOYMENT POLICY
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU related work within the State of California. COVID-19
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. CLERY ACT DISCLOSURE
California State University Fullerton is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety report is available on the CSUF website. If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Police Department in at 800 North State College Blvd or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (657) 278-7286.
Closing Date/Time: May 31, 2023