Position Description Behavioral Health Services Manager II $8,331 - $11,372 per Month Open Date: Monday, April 25, 2022 Priority Screen Date: May 27, 2022 Final Filing Date: Friday, August 26, 2022 Exam #22/14K41/04KR SUMMARY OF POSITION
Monterey County Health Department's Behavioral Health Bureau
is seeking experienced behavioral health professionals to fill vacancies at the Behavioral Health Services Manager II
The Behavioral Health Services Manager II works under general direction to plan, organize the program and/or the service of a major program of the Behavioral Health Bureau. Incumbents in this position supervise the operation of program elements and staff; monitor contract services; supervise staff; act as a liaison to community groups, agencies, and state representatives; and participate in budget planning, preparation and monitoring.
The Behavioral Health Services Manager II may oversee a combination of programs in any of the following areas: Children's System of Care
provides an array of clinical services from age's birth to 25 years of age and their families. Clinical teams include Early Childhood Services, Transition Age Youth, Post Hospitalization Support, as well clinical teams that partner with Child Welfare, Education and Juvenile Probation. Adult System of Care
provides a wide range of comprehensive integrated care to adults with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance use, primary care and other complex issues. Embracing the values and goals of wellness and recovery, the multi-disciplinary teams work together to provide the following types of services; i.e. psycho-social rehabilitation, strength-based case management, crisis intervention, supported employment, supported housing, substance use recovery, family support and community integration. Clinical teams include outpatient care coordination in Marina and Salinas, Forensic Service, Collaborative Courts, Mobile Crisis and Acute Psychiatry Unit. Access to Treatment
provides an array of clinical services for all ages and their families. Clinical services include assessment, intervention, individual and group services. Linkage and referral to community resources and Children and Adult systems of care. Crisis Team:
This manager will oversee the provision of 24/7 crisis services to include: 24/7 crisis phone line and development of a more community facing crisis services program with mobile crisis integration to serve the entire county. This BHSM will works closely with the community, hospital and law enforcement partners to maintain collaborative professional relationships and ensure quality services and timely access to care is provided.
This classification is part of a flexible series. Incumbents appointed at the lower level of the career series may be promoted up to the higher level of the career series subject to their meeting the employment standards for the higher class and a recommendation for their promotion by the appointing authority in accordance with the Flexible Staffing Program and Guidelines
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future temporary or regular vacancies as they arise.
Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The principles and practices of diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with behavioral health problems
- The laws and regulations governing behavioral health in California
- The techniques of management relating to training, directing, controlling and evaluating subordinates in a variety of diagnostic, therapy and case management programs relating to behavioral health
- Community health problems and governmental programs to identify and treat clients in outpatient and inpatient programs including inmates of the County Jail and wards of juvenile institutions
- The principles and practices of office management including budget practices, cost analysis, office automation and community relations.
Skill and Ability to:
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Coordinate the work of various behavioral health programs, identify needs, development program objectives, procedures and evaluation techniques
- Represent Behavioral Health in advising, consulting and/or resolving differences with other programs, agencies and the public; interact and function in situations that require counseling, instruction, persuasion and negotiation
- Use communication skills and techniques for organizing and directing meetings and transmitting information and instruction to program staff, other agencies and the public.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service
- Work within team framework
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
- One year of experience as a Program Manager II - Behavioral Health for Monterey County; OR
- Two years of experience as a Program Manager I - Behavioral Health for Monterey County; OR
- Four years of professional experience subsequent to obtaining a California license as listed above; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above knowledge and skills.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The required conditions of employment include, but are not limited to the following:
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record or ability to provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these positions, the Health Department reserves the right to fingerprint and conduct police background checks.
- Possession of a valid license by the State of California as a Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or Professional Clinical Counselor.
For a complete job description please visit https://www2.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/14K41.pdf
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES: Apply On-Line at
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty , by August 26, 2022, at 11:59 PM(PST)orHard copy applications
may be obtained from and submitted during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM by contacting:
Attn: Human Resources
1270 Natividad Road
Salinas, CA 93906
Phone: (831) 755-4519
The selection process is tentative, and applicants will be notified if changes are made. To assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, the examination process may include an oral examination, pre-examination exercises, performance examination, and/or written examination. The competitive examination process includes submittal of required application materials. A complete application package will include:
- A completed County of Monterey Employment Application
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions
All application materials must be received by the priority screen date of May 27, 2022, for a guaranteed review Applicants who fail to provide all required materials by the final filing deadline will not be considered. Resumes, cover letters, letters of interest, and other correspondence will not be accepted as a substitute for required application materials. All required application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants that are determined to be the most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the selection process. COVID-19:
On July 30, 2021 the County of Monterey Board of Supervisors took action to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all employees to include new hires. The vaccination requirement is in accordance with Section 25 of the County of Monterey Emergency Response Manual and COVID-19 Prevention Program Link . Applicants who accept employment with the County of Monterey, will be required to be fully vaccinated. However, individuals may request medical or religious exemptions and will be required to complete the appropriate request and certification forms for review and approval no later than their start date. Medical / Religion . BENEFITS : The County offers an excellent benefits package (X Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "X" MOU prevails over this listing.
See https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showpublisheddocument/107982/637753515670200000 for more information (X Unit Benefit Summary Sheet.) NOTES:
As a condition of employment, prospective employees may be required to submit to a background review which may include a review of information concerning present and/or prior employment, driving record, and record of any criminal convictions. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U.S.; a list of acceptable documents is available on the USCIS Form I-9. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your rate of pay will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed in the summary.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Monterey County is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. The County seeks candidates who can make contributions in an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity. Monterey County is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Kelly Roberts, Human Resources Analyst, at (831) 755-4565 and firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date/Time: 8/26/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.