PERSONNEL OFFICER 1 - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 36
Salary Range: $54,141.84 - $80,513.28
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
The position is located in Carson City, Nevada, at the Central Administration Building.
The incumbent supports the Chief of Human Resources, (Personnel Officer 3), in the administration of a comprehensive personnel/payroll program. The incumbent develops, revises and updates administrative regulations; provides guidance regarding the FMLA program; supervises subordinate human resources staff; represents the Department at Employment Management Committees (EMC); attends Personnel Commission and Personnel Hearings in the absence of the Personnel Officer III; supervises the administration of the Department's workplace drug testing program; meets with employee association advocates related to employee grievances; provide policy direction and rules interpretation; and assists in the development of HR budget.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university in personnel management, business administration, public administration or related area and three years of progressively responsible professional personnel management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Training and Experience Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications/resumes include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application/resume and your responses to the questions asked. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application/resume) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application. Once you apply for the position, you will be taken to a series of questions.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno