Salary: $13.41 Hourly USD
General Statement of Duties
Performs customer service and administrative back-up duties; performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
The principal function of an employee in this class is to serve as the Parks and Recreation Department's backup to the Administrative Assistant and Administrative Secretary as well as perform customer service front desk duties. The work is performed under the supervision of the Administrative Secretary, but some leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgement and initiative. An employee in this class performs the duties of other employees in the Parks and Recreation Department as required or as assigned by supervisory personnel. The principal duties of this class are performed in an office.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
• Greets, answers questions and directs customers either in person or by phone to appropriate staff or building.
• Answers the radio and responds appropriately to situations.
• Accepts forms and payments for reservation of parks, facilities and athletic fields; answers questions, checks for availability, calculates fee and issues receipts.
• Places events on calendar and forward form to appropriate personnel for approval.
• Receives registration forms, waivers and payments for classes and programs: checks availability, logs, scans and files forms.
• Ensures forms are legible and complete.
• Accepts payments if necessary and processes in cashiering.
• Writes checks for baseball board, soccer board, and advisory board; makes copies of invoices and mails out checks as directed by Administrative Coordinator.
• Prepares and mails/emails invoices for sponsorships for baseball, softball and football.
• Mails out team pictures to all sponsors of baseball and softball teams.
• Prepares file folder labels for new leisure temporary staff and cemetery customers.
• Scans new cemetery customer files for computer access for cemetery supt. And administrative staff.
• Scans cemetery records updates and appending to existing computer files.
• Notifies cemetery customers in reference to completed installations of cemetery markers and other work requests.
• Scans existing Parks and Recreation correspondence files for computer access for administrative staff.
• Assists Administrative Secretary with clerical tasks as assigned in the the front office.
• Handles responsibilities of the front office in the Administrative Secretary's absence (e.g. lunch, leave).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of current practices and procedures involved in a customer service delivery;
• Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices and equipment;
• Skill in the use of a multi-line telephone;
• Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages;
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public;
• Ability to work cooperatively with others;
• Ability to communicate well with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language;
• Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions;
• Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports;
• Ability to operate or quickly learn to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks;
• Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions;
• Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
• Ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology;
• Integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
Acceptable Experience and Training
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
Essential Physical Abilities
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to distinguish between colors;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perform reporting and recording requirements;
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, or stoop intermittently;
• Ability to occasionally lift or handle light objects weighing less than 24 pounds and heavy objects weighing more than 25 pounds.
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)