Position Description Annual Salary: $94,692APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The County of Fresno
currently has an excellent career opportunity available for an ambitious, detail oriented, and hardworking professional interested in a career as a Principal Staff Analyst
The Principal Staff Analyst
will manage a departmental program or function, including but not limited to: planning, evaluation, and administration; and perform related work as required. Incumbents in this classification assist County Management by performing a wide variety of research, analysis, planning, evaluation, and administrative duties. Assignments may be directed toward accomplishing either specific programs or broad objectives of County operations.
The current vacancy exists in the Department of Public Works and Planning - Resources Division
and will oversee the solid waste program.
Please note : The eligible list from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties Please click here to review Samples of Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click here to review the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications Education : Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience : Four (4) years of full-time, paid work experience equivalent to that gained as a Staff Analyst with Fresno County, two (2) years of which must have been gained in a solid waste industry.
Substitution : A master's degree from an accredited college or university that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience.
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent. TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE :
SELECTION PROCESS :
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required and must be current, complete, and accurate. Amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
- Please fully list your work experience, including current position. Failure to list current, complete, and accurate education and work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended, including the school's name, location, and the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), the type of degree earned (bachelor's, master's, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will result in the disqualification of your application.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying degree.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may attach a copy to your online employment application or fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Tiffany Lee. Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for the process listed below:
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
- Certification without Examination - In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212, the competitive examination process will be waived and the names will be certified without an examination.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 3 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL :
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire
Please note : Applications must be received online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, email, fax, or in person in our office will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. HOW TO APPLY :
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only
. An online application may be found at: www.fresnocountyjobs.com
Openthe Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions (such as the formatting of education or work experience) will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
- The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Tiffany Lee
Closing Date/Time: Continuous