JOB SUMMARY JOB SUMMARY
Operates various types of light and medium equipment used in the maintenance, construction, and/or repair of City parks; 50+ city facilities; performs various types of grounds and facility maintenance tasks; assists in the construction and/or renovation of park structures; provides assistance in maintaining athletic fields; provides assistance in maintaining 2100+ acres of park spaces; provides assistance in maintaining designated downtown facilities; assists in the setup of special events; and performs other related duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conducts routine grounds maintenance work:
- Mows and maintains turf areas, dirt work, lining, base setting, and cleaning of buildings and grounds in the routine preparation of athletic fields.
- Removes and disposes of trash and debris from grounds.
- Cleans and maintains public restroom facilities.
Operates various types of light and medium maintenance equipment, construction equipment, and/or repair of line mowers, gang mowers, tractors, bucket truck, chipper, and aerator; utilizes chain saws, weed eaters, and other power tools. Performs gardening/landscape application to include pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer. Performs plumbing repairs; assists in installing irrigation systems. Performs other related duties as assigned or required. DECISION MAKING
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications)
- This position works under general supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years parks/grounds maintenance and/or other related experience (construction or repair) is required.
- Three (3) years operating light to medium equipment is required.
- Valid Texas Driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Athletic field maintenance is desired.
- Class B CDL is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance documentation and repair manuals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with departmental staff, vendors, and the general public.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds frequently. Subject to standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, bending, twisting, balancing, vision, hearing, talking and foot controls frequently; fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching and climbing occasionally; sitting and crawling rarely.
Working conditions involve exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions, machinery with moving parts, hazardous materials/ chemicals, and infectious diseases is involved; utilizes personal protective equipment as necessary. Safety Sensitive Position.
Varied including weekends
Closing Date/Time: Continuous