The PositionThere is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class.
This is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:5/24/22, 6/7/22, 6/28/22, 7/8/22, 7/19/22, 8/9/22, 8/23, 9/6* (final)
Under executive direction, to provide overall coordination of day-to-day operations for the department; and/or to provide direction to a branch or group of divisions; to act for the Director within delegated authorities; and to perform related work as assigned.
* Current recruitment includes, but is not limited to, the following positions: Deputy Director, Finance & Administration. Click here for more information . Deputy Director, Primary Health. Click here for more information. Deputy Director, Behavioral Health. Click here for more information. Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Administrative principles and methods, including policy implementation, goal setting, program development and administration, and employee supervision
- Budget development and administration
- Principles and practices of conflict resolution
- Human services programs related to assigned area of service
- Governmental organizational structures
- Social, political and economic issues influencing area of responsibility
- Available public and private community resources
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Plan, coordinate and administer a comprehensive branch program incorporating diverse services and programs
- Select, motivate and manage a large staff, evaluate performance and effectiveness and provide for their training and professional development
- Analyze and resolve complex administrative problems and negotiate effective solutions among diverse interests
- Coordinate and integrate multiple programs within the context of the county structure while addressing community concerns
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a large and diverse group of people encountered in the course of the work
Any combination of education, training and experience likely to provide the required Knowledge and Abilities for this class as described above. Typical ways include:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a management field such as public administration, business administration, or health services administration; or in a related human service field such as social work, psychology, mental health, public health, health sciences, or sociology; or a closely related health field such as life sciences or physical sciences. A Master's degree is desirable.And
Four (4) years of experience managing a major organizational unit or program within the field of human services delivery or human services administration with responsibilities for planning, directing, and controlling the activities of subordinate staff; and including program development and management, budget preparation and administration, development of policies and procedures, and supervision and evaluation of staff. Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.EducationNote:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 9/6/2022 5:00 PM Pacific