The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Airport Manager
to fill one (1) vacancy in the Airport Administration Division
of the General Services Department.
The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The mission of the General Services Department is to provide timely, quality, and efficient support services consisting of Administration, Real Property, Fleet Management, Capital Projects and Building Services to all City departments and Airport Services to all internal and external customers.
The Airport Manager oversees the development, maintenance and operation of the Riverside Municipal Airport, and promotes the maximum utilization of Airport assets, including development and expansion activities. Duties include establishing and directing the enforcement of rules and regulations pertaining to Airport operations and safety, seeking public and private grants and investments to fulfill the Airport's goals, assuring compliance with federal, state and local regulatory bodies, promoting, negotiating and administering the rental and leasing of Airport property and facilities, researching airport management issues and preparation of reports and recommendations for presentation to the Airport Commission, Mobility and Infrastructure Committee, and City Council, and representing the City in the community and with other agencies to resolve relevant public relations issues.
The Airport Manager, under general direction, is to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the development, maintenance, capital improvement and operation of the Municipal Airport in coordination with the Airport Commission. May provide professional and technical assistance to the March Joint Powers Authority for non-military, aviation use at March Air Reserve Base.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises the development, maintenance, and operation of the Municipal Airport in coordination with the Airport Commission.
- Promotes the maximum utilization of the Airport assets, including development and expansion activities.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory bodies.
- Establishes and directs the enforcement of rules and regulations pertaining to Airport operations and safety.
- Develops plans and supervises the operation and use of Airport facilities.
- Seeks public and private grants and investments to fulfill the Airport goals.
- Inspects equipment, grounds, and facilities for required maintenance and improvements.
- Promotes, negotiates and administers the rental and leasing of Airport property and facilities subject to approval.
- Prepares and monitors municipal airport operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Supervises the maintenance and preparation of operational and financial records and reports.
- Researches airport management issues and prepares reports and recommendations for presentation to the Airport Commission, Transportation Board, City management, and City Council.
- Seeks and coordinates private and/or public partnerships that facilitate the fulfillment of Airport and City goals.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates Airport Staff.
- Promotes safety in Airport operations and services.
- Seeks partnerships with other City departments, public and private entities, and community.
- Represents the City in the community, with other agencies, and resolves relevant public relations issues.
Qualifications Recruitment Guidelines:
Education : Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for two years of college on a year-for-year basis. A Bachelor's degree is highly desirable.
Experience : Five years of experience in airport management, including maintenance and operations activities. Airport management experience at the municipal or county level with responsibilities for rental and leasing of aviation facilities and marketing of airport facilities is highly desirable.Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Airport management experience at the municipal or county level with responsibilities for rental and leasing of aviation facilities and marketing of airport facilities
- Airport land development
- A valid, private pilot's license
- A valid, California class "C" driver's license
Selection Process DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION: 1)
Completed Employment Application 2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire 3)
Résumé, Cover Letter, and (3) three professional references PLEASE NOTE: FOR DIRECTIONS ON ATTACHING A DOCUMENT TO AN ON-LINE APPLICATION, OR GENERAL INFORMATION ON COMPLETING YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE: ( Application Guide). IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
Positions that require, or may require, a California Commercial Driver's License
are considered Safety Sensitive and are monitored by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Any candidate being considered for a Safety Sensitive position must submit authorization forms to the City immediately upon request to begin the pre-employment process.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/physical examination. NOTE
: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.