Salary: $19.18 Hourly USD
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center is looking for individuals with strong customer service skills wanting to serve their community. 9-1-1 is a challenging, yet gratifying career. Make a difference and earn a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits package working in a fast-paced, public safety environment. No experience necessary. Paid training in an internationally recognized industry. Our Public Safety Telecommunicators have opportunities to learn and develop within the 9-1-1 career field and are part of an innovative and nationally known 9-1-1 center. Come Save Lives With Us! Additional information about this position and Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center can be found by visiting http://workfor911.com/
HIRING HOURLY: $19.18 or higher based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center Public Safety Telecommunicators receive and process incoming emergency, non-emergency, and administrative calls and dispatch calls for service to law enforcement, fire agencies and emergency medical services.
We are currently hiring for 8.25-hour day, evening, and night shifts. Work four consecutive shifts followed by two days off. Public Safety Telecommunicators are expected to be able to work any shift (including days, evenings and nights), weekends, holidays, scheduled and unscheduled overtime. Employees are expected to report to work as called upon during emergencies, and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event. Our training consists of classroom training Monday through Friday, followed by on the job training with a Certified Training Officer.
Non-Negotiables: Must have a positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate well to a diverse group of people.
* No marijuana use within the last year, no other drug use within the last three years
* Able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
* Must be willing to work an 8.25-hour shift either day, evening or night shift, weekends, and holidays
* Able to report to work as instructed during emergency situations and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event
* Must be 18 years of age or older by date of hire
* Have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
* Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
* Demonstrate the ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute (WPM) or 10,500 key strokes per hour (KPH)
* Complete computer aptitude test and applicant performance assessment
* Must have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and disposition information must be provided.
* Pass a background investigation including driving record, employment history, education, training verification, illegal conduct (drug use, etc.), reference check, and polygraph examination.
* Pass a pre-employment physical and psychological evaluation
* Be able to successfully complete Level IV CJIS Security Awareness Training within 6 months of date of hire, and maintain the certification.
* An overview of the Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center can be viewed here . http://workfor911.com/Closing Date/Time:
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)
North Charleston, South Carolina