Description: TA 125: Global Theatre Histories II
- Position: Lecturer
- Semester: Fall 2022
- Day/Time: Mondays, 8:30 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
- Modality: In-person
- College: CHABSS - College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Department: Theatre
The Theatre Program at California State University San Marcos seeks a part-time lecturer for Fall 2022 to teach Global Theatre Histories II (TA125). Global Theatre Histories II is a continuation of Global Histories I and will explore contemporary theatre practice and practitioners in Asia, African, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. Candidates should be a theatre scholar/artist who is experienced in working with diverse student populations. Minimum qualifications:
- MA in Dramatic Art/Literature, Performance Studies, Theatre, or a closely related field
- Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience Application:
- PhD or MFA in Dramatic Art/Literature, Performance Studies, Theatre, or a closely related field
- A specialty in African, Asian, Indigenous American, African American, Asian American, or LatinX theatre.
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded)
- Contact information for three current references
- Letter of interest (uploaded)
A review of applications June 22, 2022; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities
for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020
as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy
. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled