Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
.Please Note: Based on the needs of the City, this position has been reposted Continuously; it will be closed when a sufficient number of applications have been received.
About The Position
This position performs skilled journey level electrician work to install, alter, maintain and repair electrical systems, equipment and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade. Selection Process:
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview.
Final selection is contingent upon a background check which includes:
- Fingerprint Search of the National FBI Database
- Criminal background screening
- Motor Vehicle Department records check
- Medical exam, to include audiogram
- Drug screen
to view the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience:
- A High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Four years of experience in Industrial and/or Utility Electrical Systems;
- OR, completion of a recognized two-year electromechanical apprenticeship.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience in an industrial setting may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
The Scottsdale Water Resources Division offers an Operator Certification Incentive Program
for those employees who obtain certifications above what is required of their positions. The department recognizes the intrinsic value of operator certifications and the added value to the city of having a workforce that possess them.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Must obtain and maintain within six months of hire or promotion a Grade I operator certification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) within one of the following disciplines - Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment, or Wastewater Collection.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Installs, repairs and maintains conduit, wiring, cabling, booster pump circuitry, controllers, appliances, process control equipment, specialized electrical equipment, and machinery for water and wastewater systems, using instruments such as voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Maintains and repairs 120 volt to 480 volt electrical systems and low voltage circuits throughout the water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Monitors and maintains adequate parts inventories to allow City water pumping facilities to maintain an uninterrupted supply of water to customers.
- Reads and updates electrical schematics and control drawings.
- Cleans and vacuums all electrical panels, junction boxes, motor control centers, following safety and maintenance requirements.
- Distinguishes between the full range of colors in the color spectrum to work with electrical wires in confined spaces and tight spaces.
- Drives a vehicle to various facilities in order to install, maintain and repair equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Work at heights greater than ten feet.
- Moderate exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather and temperature extremes.
- Work in small, cramped areas such as ceiling crawl spaces, equipment enclosures, closets, etc.
- Lift and move heavy objects over 50 pounds long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Perceive the full range of the color spectrum.
- Operate a motor vehicle to travel to/from various locations.
- Act as a "standby" electrician for responding to emergency calls after normal working hours.
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous