The Position This is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:7/6/2022, 8/3/2022, 8/31/2022 (final)
Senior Contract Services Officer performs leadwork and/or advanced journey level, analytical duties related to contract administration; preparing requests for proposals, requests for bids, requests for information, and requests for qualifications; reviewing bids and proposals; negotiating, awarding, and preparing contracts; responding to bid protests; purchasing commodities and services; and advising project staff in the above duties. Departmental employees, except those employed in the Department of General Services, Contract and Purchasing Services Division, do not perform purchasing agent delegated duties unless authorized in writing by the County Purchasing Agent. Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Laws of public contracting and purchasing.
- Methods of purchasing by specification and competitive bidding.
- Characteristics and types of materials, supplies, equipment, and services suitable to meet the needs of a large government jurisdiction.
- Trade names, brands, and sources of supply.
- Procedures and requirements for developing professional, personal, construction, and service contracts.
- Computer software, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Principles and practices of public purchasing and contracting law.
- Public liability, property damage, and professional liability insurance.
- Market conditions, practices, and price trends.
- Government contract administration practices.
- Contract negotiation techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Current technology trends related to electronic commerce and electronic government transactions.
Employment Qualifications Minimum QualificationsEither:
- Perform analytical and legal research work.
- Schedule and assign work to meet established time requirements.
- Train subordinates, vendors, service providers, and departmental staff.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Develop purchasing standards and specifications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including customers, service providers, suppliers, coworkers, and supervisor.
- Read, understand, and interpret rules, regulations, and laws as they apply to purchasing and contracting.
- Resolve conflicts and maintain a professional attitude.
- Perform math calculations and cost-benefit analysis.
- Meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Make independent decisions and judgments.
- Prepare and analyze financial and statistical data, tables, and charts.
- Prepare complex reports and recommendations.
1. One year of experience in the class of Contract Services Officer (Level II) in Sacramento County service.Or:
2. A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, or a closely related fieldAND
two years of full-time professional experience purchasing commodities, acquiring contracted services, or writing service or construction contracts.Or:
3. Three years of full-time professional experience purchasing commodities, acquiring contracted services, or writing service or construction contracts.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.General Qualifications
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License, or higher is required prior to appointment to this class. Failure to maintain the appropriate California Driver's License may constitute cause for termination from the class in accordance with Civil Service Rule 11.4. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The County may access criminal history information on all candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for this class consistent with the provisions of Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and applicable federal and state law. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the job duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.
The County may also conduct a background check on candidates prior to appointment to some positions within this class. The background check may include personal and professional reference checks, credit history check, Social Security Number verification, professional license/registration verification, military service information and driving history. Information obtained in the course of this background check will be considered by the appointing authority in the selection process.
In obtaining such information, the County will comply with applicable consent and disclosure practices in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667www.SacCountyJobs.net
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 8/31/2022 5:00 PM Pacific