Description: School of Nursing
College of Health and Human Development
The School of Nursing at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor in Women's Health Nurse Practitioner/Nurse-Midwifery Program with appointment to begin in August 2023.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities are encouraged to highlight their strengths and experiences in these areas in their application. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.Position
CSUF Nursing faculty are committed teachers/scholars/clinicians who bring research and clinical practice to life for students in classrooms, clinical settings, and individually mentored projects. They teach across programs and serve on school, college, and university-wide committees. The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will be teaching clinical and didactic courses in their area of nursing expertise and will include the development and teaching of introductory and core courses in the discipline, and the development of courses in their area(s) of nursing specialization. This person will also be responsible for producing scholarships commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the school, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities. Required Qualifications
- An unencumbered California RN license prior to employment
- National certification as Nurse-Midwife is required with a preference for national certification as both a Nurse Midwife and a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- An earned doctorate in Nursing or a related field; if in an unrelated field, must have a master's in Nursing
- Demonstrated ability, or potential for, and willingness to teach at the university level (graduate and undergraduate): didactic and clinical nursing content in the area of expertise; eligibility for BRN approval is required if necessary for the area of content expertise
- Demonstrated ability or potential for research, scholarly, and creative activities
- Demonstrated ability or potential for active service contribution and leadership in SON, university, and professional associations
- The ability to work collegially with diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population including first-generation college students
A complete online application must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php
to view all job listings and search for position number #515071
and provide the following required materials:
- Letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
- This statement provides your unique perspective on past and present contributions to promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in your professional career, including your aspirations to support CSUF's diverse student and surrounding community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in these areas .
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- Finalists will be asked to have three letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three persons who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. When you are identified as a finalist, an email request will be sent to your provided list of references with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to Dr. Penny Weismuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Application Deadline
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by September 16 th , 2022
. The anticipated appointment date is August 2023. The College and Department
The College of Health and Human Development provides exemplary education, research, and community outreach related to human health, development, and lifelong well-being. Within the College of Health and Human Development, the School of Nursing is committed to educating and transforming nurses to practice in dynamic healthcare environments with diverse populations. Additional Information
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner, and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of the benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU-related work within the State of California.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled