Job Summary The purpose of this position is to maintain all air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems in City buildings. This is accomplished by completing air conditioning repairs; performing preventative maintenance; completing air conditioning or heating system replacement; and performing plumbing repairs. Other duties include completing shopping trips; completing paperwork and staff meetings; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.Essential Job Functions
- Completes air conditioning repairs by troubleshooting problems; replacing motors, t-stats, adjust controls, belts, contractors, relays, and capacitors; adding freon; resetting safety and checking operation of system.
- Performs preventative maintenance by inspecting belts; listening for abnormal sounds; checking refrigerant levels; lubricating bearings; checking for oil deposits and freon leaks; checking relay and contactors; and replacing filters.
- Completes air conditioning or heating system replacement by reclaiming and recycling refrigerant as required by the EPA; removing old systems; and install new systems.
- Performs plumbing repairs by unstopping sewer lines, commodes, and sinks; and fixing leaking faucets and pipes.
- Purchases supplies by going to supply houses for needed parts and materials that are needed to perform any give job.
- Completes daily written reports and attends meetings by attending daily meetings with supervisor for daily assignments; and turning in documentation.
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
- Over two years up to and including four years.
- Valid Class CFR 8.2 support F Driver's License, state License or state exemption for A/C equipment and refrigerant purchases, and EPA approved certificate completion.
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, volunteers or temporary employees.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
- Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous