Salary: $37,065.60 - $51,438.40 Annually USD
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair equipment for the City of Grand Prairie. This is accomplished by repairing and maintaining equipment and facilities; and maintaining records and reports. Other duties include performing welding and fabrication duties.
Essential Job Functions
• Repairs equipment by diagnosing problems; changing parts; rebuilding engines and pumps; performing electrical and hydraulic repairs; changing and repairing tires; and removing and replacing flats on trucks and equipment.
• Maintains equipment and facilities by changing oil and filters; lubricating all equipment at scheduled times; performing scheduled maintenance on equipment; inspecting equipment for damage or wear; cleaning tools; maintaining the cleanliness of shops and facilities; and scheduling repairs with contractors.
• Maintains records and reports by writing reports on inoperable equipment; maintaining records of all equipment repairs; completing daily work logs; ordering parts; and maintaining parts inventory.
• Performs welding and fabrication duties by replacing mower skids; rebuilding decks on mowers; and fabricating accessories.
• Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
• Over two years up to and including four years of experience a maintenance or automotive mechanic .
• Valid Texas Class C Driver's License; Diesel and Automotive Service Excellence Certificate; and Heavy Equipment Operator License.
• Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
• Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
• Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
• The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
• No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
• Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
• Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Grand Prairie, Texas