CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment, the International Outreach Counselor serves as an Outreach Counselor for prospective international students with the responsibility of providing recruitment services and pre-admissions counseling. The incumbent engages in marketing and communication strategies for prospective international students residing domestically and abroad.
• Collaborates with the Office of Admissions, Tseng College Intensive English Program (IEP), International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) and academic colleges on campus to provide information and support to prospective international students.
• Participates on committees both on and off campus and serves as a liaison to faculty and staff on international students' recruitment and admissions issues.
• Organizes, assesses and implements plans of action and activities related to outreach and recruitment of prospective international students to the university.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3xFNL2I
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a job-related field.
• Equivalent to two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field.
• A Master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of Student Services and working knowledge of the methods and problems of organizational and program management.
• Working knowledge of research and interview techniques and the principles of individual and group behavior.
• Ability and specialized skills to: interpret and apply program rules and regulations; use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work. assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements.
Ability to recognize various value systems and work accordingly; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations, private and public agencies and others in committee work, and student advising and community contacts.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and carry through actions having implications with regard to other program or service areas.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification/grade: 3082 / SSP II / 1
• The anticipated HIRING RATE is $4304 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $4304 - $6120 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through June 24, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California