JOB SUMMARYThis position is open until filled. First review date is June 28, 2022. JOB SUMMARY
Provides for the enforcement of the City's parking ordinances; patrols the City and monitors for parking violations; prepares and issues parking citations; coordinates the towing of abandoned or illegally parked vehicles.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Enforces timed parking in the City's downtown area; observes and monitors timed parking; issues citations accordingly.
- Patrols outlet malls; monitors for illegal parking in handicap areas and fire lanes; prepares and issues related citations.
- Participates in patrolling assigned areas of the City; identifies parking violations and issues citations accordingly.
- Boots vehicles; coordinates the towing of illegally parked and/or abandoned vehicles.
- Able to move and set up Radar trailer with knowledge of Data Logger.
- Assists Parking Coordinator as necessary or required and wrecker enforcement issues (wrecker TDLR weekly investigations).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
5. Must use Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) in order to access TCIC/TLETS (Texas Crime Information Center/Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System) information and/or receiving information pertaining to TCIC/TLETS from communications staff
6. Other related duties:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Assists Parking Coordinator with any wrecker enforcement issues).
- Assists in training CPAAA in training for ticket writing as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
Must complete MDT/Omnixx courses and obtain TLETS certification (less than full access level) within six (6) months of employment
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Must obtain CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) approval to access TCIC/NCIC.
- Recertification is required every two years for the following: CJIS, TCIC (Texas Crime Information Center), TLETS and TLETS Mobile.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to read/comprehend parking regulations and policies; must have the ability to prepare parking records and citations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments/personnel and the general public.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Subject to walking, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, bending, twisting, vision, hearing, talking and foot controls constantly; standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, climbing and balancing frequently; lifting and carrying occasionally; pushing/pulling and crawling rarely.
Working conditions involve exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions and vehicle traffic is involved when performing field work. Safety Sensitive Position.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous